CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Radeon 5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello I follow installation guide and i create a Mojave 10.14.4 hackintosh usb stick
I install macOS on SSD and I booted from USB and it work fine
but when i copy boot files from USB to SSD and try boot from SSD clover bootloader starts with low resolution GUI and when i select to to boot into macOS it freezes

I have installed Clover in legacy mode
I have DSDT patches for my series 6 motherboard (sandy bridge)

My desktop setup
CPU: Intel i5-2320 LGA-1115
Motherboard: Gigabyte H67A-USB3-B3
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB GHz Edition
Installation Drive: Samsung SSD 840 Series

* Attached some screenshots and my EFI partition folder

Attachments

• EFI-Partition.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 87
  • HT-Screenshots.zip
    9 MB · Views: 50
wow you have a lot of kext and patches on your EFI

what ever

replace the EFI file with yours, I just made some changes on it

see the attached screen
set your BOOT VOLUME NAME in the boot section only

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 4.50.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 4.50.17 PM.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 92
  • EFI.zip
    19.9 MB · Views: 74
Hello I follow installation guide and i create a Mojave 10.14.4 hackintosh usb stick
I install macOS on SSD and I booted from USB and it work fine
but when i copy boot files from USB to SSD and try boot from SSD clover bootloader starts with low resolution GUI and when i select to to boot into macOS it freezes

I have installed Clover in legacy mode
I have DSDT patches for my series 6 motherboard (sandy bridge)

My desktop setup
CPU: Intel i5-2320 LGA-1115
Motherboard: Gigabyte H67A-USB3-B3
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB GHz Edition
Installation Drive: Samsung SSD 840 Series

* Attached some screenshots and my EFI partition folder
how did you create your installer? what software and hardware did you use?

I apologize for that.
I try to create installation USB with Unibeast on legacy boot mode using Macbook pro 2015 (10.14.4) but always throw this error "Copy of apfs.efi failed" before finished
Also i make search with this error and i found it to be format USB with this command
sudo diskutil partitionDisk USB-Device GPT JHFS+ VOLUME-NAME R
but its not working again

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-15 at 20.07.37.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-15 at 20.07.37.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot 2019-04-15 at 20.44.29.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-15 at 20.44.29.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 57
I make installation USB from unibeast (bypass "Copy of apfs.efi failed") and worked perfectly
when i was try to boot from SSD it loads clover GUI 'in low resolution' and cant see any istallation disk to boot
but if i boot from usb it work perfect
any ideas ?

I make installation USB from unibeast (bypass "Copy of apfs.efi failed") and worked perfectly
when i was try to boot from SSD it loads clover GUI 'in low resolution' and cant see any istallation disk to boot
but if i boot from usb it work perfect
any ideas ?

• What did you actually mean when you said " worked perfectly"?
    • Did you mean the macOS Mojave USB Installer Creation completed successfully and the macOS Mojave USB Installer disk had a System Partition containing Install macOSMojave and an EFI Partition with EFI_CLOVER FileTree? [See uploaded screen shots]
    • Did you mean you could boot the Unibeast created macOSMojave USB Installer and reach the macOS Utilities>disk Utilities screen?

Did you open the Disk Utility screen with the macOS Mojave USB Installer , click View> Show All Devices and then select your SSD and Erase in GUID + APFS and then Start the multi-phase (with 2-3 reboots) macOS Mojave Installation?

but if i boot from usb it work perfect any ideas ?

• Did you mean to say, if you boot with the macOS Mojave USB Installer as first boot device in the BIOS Boot Option Priorities list or select it from F-12 Boot Menu screen, you could see both the macOS Mojave USB installer disk and the MacOS Mojave SSD system disk created by that USB Installer after multiple reboots on the Clover Boot Manager Screen?
    • If the above is the issue , then the cause is the Mojave System SSD is lacking a properly installed EFI_CLOVER File structure with a properly created config.plist.
    • If your EFI_CLOVER File Structure and config.plist in the SSD is the problem, you can boot using macOSMojave USB Installer to Clover Boot Manager(CBM) screen and switch to macOSMojave SSD from CBM and on login to Desktop mount the EFI partitions of both Mojave USB Installer and Mojave SSD system and delete the EFI_CLOVER from the SSD and then copy and paste the EFI-CLOVER from the USB in its place, and reboot the SSD .

• If you are unable to provide details in text because of Language issues, at least upload images of Display screens to let readers understand your problem to get proper help.

Attachments

• 1.macOSMojave USB Installer System Partition with Install macOS Mojave.png
    1.macOSMojave USB Installer System Partition with Install macOS Mojave.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 2.macOSMojave USB installer Disk EFI partition with EFI_CLOVER FileTree.png
    2.macOSMojave USB installer Disk EFI partition with EFI_CLOVER FileTree.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 54
My steps
1) I create installation USB from real mac (Mac OS Extended (Journaled) + GUID Partion Map)
2) Boot from USB on PC (and set my BIOS to always boot from USB first)
3) From Disk Utilities format SSD as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) + GUID Partion Map
3) Begin installation and reboots after 5 mins
4) Boot again from USB and select boot from SSD at this time (to complete installation)
5) It takes around 15 minutes and installer completes and restart again
6) When boot again from USB the only option i have is to run installer again from USB it not recognize the installation disk

Found something
Installer formats as APFS the SSD even if format SSD as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) i connect USB to mac open clover configurator and i add ApfsDriverLoader-64 from "Driver bios 64 bit" and now recognizes all disks
If i boot directly from SDD i am not seeing any driver in clover and yes i have install multibeast with appropriate drivers - kexts

Attachments

• IMG_1868.jpg
    IMG_1868.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1869.jpg
    IMG_1869.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 40
Found something
Installer formats as APFS the SSD even if format SSD as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) i connect USB to mac open clover configurator and i add ApfsDriverLoader-64 from "Driver bios 64 bit" and now recognizes all disks
If i boot directly from SDD i am not seeing any driver in clover and yes i have install multibeast with appropriate drivers - kexts
As posted in #7
  • the cause is the Mojave System SSD lacking a properly installed EFI_CLOVER File structure with a properly created config.plist.
  • If your EFI_CLOVER File Structure and config.plist in the SSD is the problem, you can boot using macOSMojave USB Installer to Clover Boot Manager(CBM) screen and switch to macOSMojave SSD from CBM and
  • After login to Desktop, mount the EFI partitions of both Mojave USB Installer and Mojave SSD system disk [Using Clover Configurator Clover Configurator 5.3.0.0 (Global Edition) or EFI Mounter v3]
  • Navigate through mounted EFI from Desktop and delete the EFI_CLOVER from the SSD and then
  • Copy and paste the EFI-CLOVER from the macOSMojave USB Installer Disk to replace the deleted EFI of macOSMojave SSD, and then
  • Reboot the macOSMojave SSD as first boot Device from BIOS and again from F-12 boot menu.
  • Boot Mojave System Disk from CBM screen in Verbose Mode to see if the problem is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back