i7 2600k
Graphics
Radeon RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

I am currently searching on this as well, but thought maybe someone could save me a lot of time.

I set up my Mom's Hackintosh on Chameleon 9 years ago, the same as my machine at the time. Since then I've gone to clover and now OpenCore on my machine. Her's is still on Chameleon.

I need to boot it into single user mode to check the disk, but I think I had it configured to skip the boot menu and boot quickly. I can't remember the key to hold down to get the menu to come up so I can put in optional boot args. And her computer is in another state and she's following my instructions, so it's even harder since I can't see what's going on myself.

Thanks for any help.

I'm guessing that you mean Chimera rather than Chameleon.
I don't recall which key you had to press to avoid instant boot but I have seen numerous posts about it in the distant past. Maybe the forum Search tool can help.

I don't think it was Chimera. I think that was before my time with hackintosh. And no search tool is helping. I can't find the answer. That's why I finally asked for help.

And no search tool is helping. I can't find the answer.

A few moments with Google found this :

Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 16.19.18.png

A few moments with Google found this :

View attachment 528595

F10 was the first thing I found and tried before I posted here. The real problem was that since I wasn't on location I couldn't realize that the standard Apple keyboard that I thought was being used had been replaced by a Mac Ally keyboard and it was configured to require FN and the function key to be pressed at the same time to get the true function key. And that wasn't being done. I didn't realize that until we couldn't even get BIOS to come up.

But thanks for looking into it.

Last edited:
So doesn't really prove anything.
I'm not trying to prove anything, just saying that if you used tools and guides from this site then the likelihood is that the boot loader will be Chimera rather than Chameleon because that was what was used here then.

But thanks for putting forth the effort to reply
You're welcome and good luck with your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back