Contribute
Register

Booting 2nd Mac OS on 2nd hard disk results in boot to I haveStop sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8570w/Clover
CPU
Intel Core i7-3630QM/QM77
Graphics
Nvidia K1000M 1920x1080
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Booting 2nd Mac OS on 2nd hard disk results in boot to Stop sign.

I have El Capitan with Clover installed on my HP Elitebook 8570w. I added a 2nd hard disk to it in the upgrade bay. I disabled Fast boot in BIOS and choose EFI Native without CSM in BIOS.
I cloned my current EC install to the 2nd hard disk, So both drives also have an EFI partition with Clover,
Whenever I try to boot from either 1st or 2nd hard disk the result is the same: a boot to a black screen with a white stop sign.

Is there a way to make this work, so I can boot from either hard disk?

When I disconnect the 2nd hard disk I can boot normally of the 1st disk.

Am I overseeing a BIOS setting?

Last edited:
I have El Capitan with Clover installed on my HP Elitebook 8570w. I added a 2nd hard disk to it in the upgrade bay. I disabled Fast boot in BIOS and choose EFI Native without CSM in BIOS.
I cloned my current EC install to the 2nd hard disk, So both drives also have an EFI partition with Clover,
Whenever I try to boot from either 1st or 2nd hard disk the result is the same: a boot to a black screen with a white stop sign.

Is there a way to make this work, so I can boot from either hard disk?

When I disconnect the 2nd hard disk I can boot normally of the 1st disk.

Am I overseeing a BIOS setting?

Boot verbose for troubleshooting.

Booting verbose resulted in a panic. After removing the 2nd drive I got a normal boot and I got the enclosed panic report. I hope it gives some info.

Attachments

• panic 2.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 68
Booting verbose resulted in a panic. After removing the 2nd drive I got a normal boot and I got the enclosed panic report. I hope it gives some info.

Make sure the second drive has no content on it. The panic kind of points to corruption on one ore more of the partitions.

The second disk is a clone of the first disk and contains a MacOSX partition with hidden Clover and a FAT partition. So it has content on it. When Windows 10 was on it Mac OS X would boot normally.

The disk was cloned with clonezilla.

I should be possible to have a second disk with Mac OS X on it. Shouldn't it?

The second disk is a clone of the first disk and contains a MacOSX partition with hidden Clover and a FAT partition. So it has content on it. When Windows 10 was on it Mac OS X would boot normally.

The disk was cloned with clonezilla.

I should be possible to have a second disk with Mac OS X on it. Shouldn't it?

Use Disk Utility to repartition and do the cloning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back