Motherboard
HP Motherboard
CPU
Intel i3 3110M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi, i'm on a hp laptop and my hackintosh works fine except touchpad prefpane. Now, i want to install windows 10 on my laptop but boot camp assistant wont open. I think this issue has arised after i installed a few kexts for my touchpad(AppleSmartTouchpad.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext and yes i installed them one after the another when one of them didnt worked and not altogether). It just keeps giving me the error boot camp assistant has stopped unexpectedly and with details about it(here's a link to the screen recording of it
). I'm thinking of reinstalling macOS Mojave using the Install macOS Mojave.app over the disk on which Mac OS Mojave is installed, will it overwrite and delete all the Applications and userdata in it or will they remain intact?

Last edited:
Bootcamp assistant does not work with a Non-Mac Laptop.
Create a partition for the Win10 installation with disk utility.
Boot the Win10 install USB
select the partition you created, delete the partition, select the free space left behind by the deleted partition
Click Next to install Win10 to that partition.

Oh, thanks a lot. Although it did worked before, dont know what happened now but anyways, thank you! By the way, i'm not able to boot into recovery mode, its giving me the error "Attempting System restart: MACH Reboot" in verbose output in clover. Is there a problem with my plist file or the clover bootloader?

Oh, thanks a lot. Although it did worked before, dont know what happened now but anyways, thank you! By the way, i'm not able to boot into recovery mode, its giving me the error "Attempting System restart: MACH Reboot" in verbose output in clover. Is there a problem with my plist file or the clover bootloader?
For help with laptops it is best to post in the Laptop forum.

Oh, sorry. I'm new to posting to the formus. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back