Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo sharkbay
CPU
Intel i7 4790
Graphics
gtx 745 (msi) 2gb
Hi! Sorry in advance if this isn't the correct category. but I'm a new member here and don't how it exactly works.
I have a problem with my bootable USB, I installed correctly the installation via UniBeast but my BIOS doesn't read it. The funny fact is that the first two times I tried to install the macOS it worked well, but now I have no idea why this happening. (?)

Thanks to all!

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:
You're right, sorry.
Here's my components:
Mobo: Lenovo Sharkbay
cpu: Intel i7 4790
gpu: gtx 745 2gb (msi)
It's a pre assembled pc, so this may happen about the incompatibility but it's strange because I installed the os before..

Hi! Sorry in advance if this isn't the correct category. but I'm a new member here and don't how it exactly works.
I have a problem with my bootable USB, I installed correctly the installation via UniBeast but my BIOS doesn't read it. The funny fact is that the first two times I tried to install the macOS it worked well, but now I have no idea why this happening. (?)...
Are you trying to do a fresh install of Sierra? I ask because you stated that you have installed installed Sierra two times before. Was the previous installs on your current computer?

Are you trying to do a fresh install of Sierra? I ask because you stated that you have installed installed Sierra two times before. Was the previous installs on your current computer?
Yes it's a fresh install of the Sierra, the other time i did it on the same computer but with another hdd. I fomatted this hdd and the usb in the correct way, then i made the usb bootable with UniBeast (in the correct way, i Followed in the guides) but this time in the boot device options my pc read the USB like a "normal" one without the installation.
Thanks for the fast replies.

Have you updated the BIOS before this current installation? Just a thought.

I'm assuming that "...this time in the boot device options my pc read the USB like a "normal" one without the installation" means what you see in the BIOS so as to set the USB drive as the boot drive. Is that correct?

BTW, please use the shift key to capitalize proper nouns and to use punctuation. I had to read the above post several times.

Last edited:
Have you updated the BIOS before this current installation? Just a thought.

I'm assuming that "...this time in the boot device options my pc read the USB like a "normal" one without the installation" means what you see in the BIOS so as to set the USB drive as the boot drive. Is that correct?

BTW, please use the shift key to capitalize proper nouns and to use punctuation. I had to read the above post several times.
No, I didn't update nothing.
You're right, sorry about my english.. I know isn't very well.
By the way, yes I can set the usb as boot device but the problem is that it works like a normal usb (not UEFI). And doesn't start the installation with the Clover menu.

Try putting the USB thumb drive in another USB 2.0 rear panel USB 2.0 port.

Worst case: remake the USB thumb drive. You might try a new USB 2.0 thumb drive, probably will need a 16GB one.

Try putting the USB thumb drive in another USB 2.0 rear panel USB 2.0 port.

Worst case: remake the USB thumb drive. You might try a new USB 2.0 thumb drive, probably will need a 16GB one.
I've already tried all.. :confused::cry:

1. Is your Sierra USB installer created in UEFI Mode or Legacy mode?
  2. Did you enter the BIOS Setup after pressing appropriate Hot key and change the BIOS settings to UEFI or Legacy to match your Sierra USB Installer's Boot Mode?
  3. Did you make your USB installer as the First Boot Device in Boot options?
  4. Did you Save your newly created BIOS setup options and Exit the BIOS and reboot?
  5. Did you press the Hotkey to enter the Boot Menu?
  6. Did you see your Sierra USB Installer as one of the options there?
If Questions 2 to 5 are all YES and the last one is a NO , follow the "Bullet steps" below to CLEAR CMOS; if any in 2 to 5 is a NO, correct that appropriately and reboot: If 2-6 are all Yes, and you could still not boot with the installer, you need to create a New USB Installer using Unibeast GUIDE.

CLEAR CMOS Settings
  • Shut down the Computer.
  • Remove the Power Cable to the Computer Power Supply Unit.
  • Push the On/Off button a couple of times to discharge any current inside the case.
  • Open the Case.
  • Under good light look for and locate the CLEAR CMOS pins
    • If there are only 2 pins for the Clear CMOS you need a flat head screw driver to "short" for 20 seconds to clear stored CMOS data.
    • If there there are 3 pins to CLEAR CMOS you will see a plastic Jumper connecting two adjoining pins like pin 1 and Pin 2. Remove the jumper and connect 2 and pin 3 with the jumper for 20 seconds and replace it to original pins. That will clear CMOS data
  • Now Connect the Power Cable, Power On and Restart and watch the Monitor screen to see "Load Optimized Default BIOS and Reboot" or something similar.
  • Accept and Reboot
  • On reboot press the Hotkey and enter the BIOS setup
  • Make setup changes to make your USB disk Bootable as the First Boot device in whatever mode you have created it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back