Contribute
Register

Bootable USB not working?? PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've hit quite the wall building my first hackintosh and hope someone on here can point me in the right direction.

-mobo is a Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
-CPU is an Intel Core i5 8600
-RAM is Crucial 16GB KIT 2x8GB DDR4 2400
-Currently trying to boot with the iGPU, waiting on 1050 to come in the mail.

I've been using Unibeast 8.1 to create my install.
My EFI folder is from a similar build with the same mobo.

I select the UEFI:Thumbdrive(my bootable USB drive) in my motherboards boot loader screen and the Gigabyte logo will just flash then send me back to the F12 boot screen. The only thing that I could think would be interfering with this would be not having my GPU installed. I'm waiting for it to come in the mail and trying to boot with the iGPU, but I have read a thread on a similar build who used the iGPU and had no problems. I tried using a brand new USB stick with fresh install of everything and still no luck. I have no other ideas left. Not sure if this is a Unibeast issue or what. If Unibeast does not work what would be the best way to try an alternate boot? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm a total hackintosh noob so bare with me!
Nobody here will be getting naked with you.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I've noticed when trying to install with Unibeast there appears to be no sign of Clover, which forces me to download clover manually to my USB in order to make any progress.
Clover installs to the EFI partition which is invisible until it is mounted.

Clover installs to the EFI partition which is invisible until it is mounted.

I've used the Clover Configurator to mount the partition, but is this the correct process? Could it be that when I plug in my USB the EFI partition is lost. For a while when I would select the bootloader on my mobo and click my USB, nothing would happen. Would this apply?

I've used the Clover Configurator to mount the partition, but is this the correct process?
There are many ways to mount the EFi partition, as long as it is mounted then it is correct.

Could it be that when I plug in my USB the EFI partition is lost.
Most unlikely.

There are many ways to mount the EFi partition, as long as it is mounted then it is correct.

Most unlikely.

I just can't seem to get past the installer from Clover. It fails every time at the "gIOScreenLockStateError3" when booted in verbose mode. I've been reading up on this issue but have found little to be helpful. I'm currently wiping my USB and re-downloading High Sierra from the app store, Unibeast, and Multibeast because I've kinda run out of ideas for now. Do you think using the iGPU could cause any of this?

I just can't seem to get past the installer from Clover. It fails every time at the "gIOScreenLockStateError3" when booted in verbose mode. I've been reading up on this issue but have found little to be helpful. I'm currently wiping my USB and re-downloading High Sierra from the app store, Unibeast, and Multibeast because I've kinda run out of ideas for now. Do you think using the iGPU could cause any of this?
The error that you mention is graphics related.

The error that you mention is graphics related.

So I just did the Unibeast install and tried to select the bootable USB as my boot device and when I select it the Gigabyte logo flashes then it sends me back to the selection menu. This was my original problem. The only time I can get the USB to load is if I manually install clover onto the flash drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back