Graphics
hd3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can someone help me out? I've seen a few people post this problem, but I can't find any resolution.

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 v1.3 F12 (can't update to UEFI - a totally separate issue)
i5-2500K
integrated graphics

Following the guide posted here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

-Downloaded Yosemite
-Partitioned USB drive per instructions
-Ran terminal script no problems
-Downloaded and installed Clover on USB (r2988 gave me this problem so I did some digging and found advice to use r2747, but still having same problem)
-Customized per instructions using standard config.plist and RealtekRTL81xx.kext - the only hiccup was that instructions say to "Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add..." but the folder 10.10 doesn't exist (only 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, other), so I created it
-Shut down system, boot up pressing f12 to go to boot list, choose USB-HDD
-Starts to load, last thing it says is:

boot1: /
boot6

-Then it goes to a black screen with a small white dot top left (where there'd be a cursor) and just hangs.

Anybody have any ideas of how to get my USB to boot?

Have you tried Clover r2953? Also do you have your bios set right?

I have not tried r2953 - this might solve this error?

I think I have my BIOS set right - anything particular i should be checking?

For me r2953 is the most stable.

As for bios setting make sure you have VT-d (I think its called that) off and have your SATA's set to AHCI

Also have you tried some boot flags?

For me r2953 is the most stable.

As for bios setting make sure you have VT-d (I think its called that) off and have your SATA's set to AHCI

Also have you tried some boot flags?

SATA is set to AHCI, but I can't find anything in the BIOS called VT-d - any idea what it's called or where I can find it?

Tried r2953 - still no change. It's failing to boot, so I don't think the version matters much - I haven't gotten that far yet.

Anybody have any other ideas?

I'm getting stuck with the same error (6_ or even 7_ trying to install differently onto the USB).
In fact I was always thinking that I'd never manage to get Clover working on my old Sony VAIO FZ21M...

I'm getting stuck with the same error (6_ or even 7_ trying to install differently onto the USB).
In fact I was always thinking that I'd never manage to get Clover working on my old Sony VAIO FZ21M...
This is a Desktop Support forum - For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant Laptop Support forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back