Graphics
Builtin
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Okay. Before you yell at me, I read the guide, I tried running from UniBeast USB drive but I got "resource busy" when I tried to run the terminal command. Can boot into my SSD using the flash drive... is there anything I can do? I think I should be re-running multibeast but dont want to do anything in case it's the wrong thing. any help is greatly appreciated!

Is this the guide you are referring to?: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

If so, step 5 tells you to: 5. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS Lion on.

Did you get the error when you tried to unmount?

That's the guide yes. It's mountain lion fyi if that makes a difference. And no, I can unmount correctly (and i did when i got the error) and then go into terminal, run the command and get that error.

Really need some help guys, can't understand why it's not working

Let me see if I can clarify the steps needed a little:

These are the steps according to the guide -

How To Do it:
1. Install using UniBeast
2. Boot new installation using UniBeast.
3. Run MultiBeast and install as normal
4. Reboot system back into Lion installer.
5. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS Lion on.
6. Launch Terminal and execute the following command:

Code:

dd if=/Volumes/"Unibeast Volume Name"/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
In my case my UniBeast volume is called "OSX" so my command would be:
dd if=/Volumes/OSX/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

7. Exit Terminal
8. Reboot Normally

Step 4 requires you to reboot using the USB Drive with UniBeast on it. The "Lion Installer" is on the UniBeast USB Drive. The "Lion OS" (or Mountain Lion - which is what you are trying to install) exists on the SSD. Once you have rebooted to the USB Drive and the "Installer" is started THEN you can load up terminal and run the unmount command on the SSD (with ML OS loaded).

Also, you MUST know the Unix/BSD name for the SSD drive that you are installing ML OS on. To do that go to the System Information Utility and look at the SATA section. It should look like this:
Screen Shot 2013-02-06 at 10.22.01 AM.jpg

Find the item labeled BSD Name - in my case it was "disk1s2". That name will vary according to your set up. Only then do you have enough information to properly modify the terminal command to execute on your particular system. Also, I would highly recommend that you remove ALL other drives before you run these commands... better safe than sorry.

To recap:
1) You need to know what you named your UniBeast USB Drive (I always use a short name without spaces because it makes typing these command a whole lot easier).
2) You need to know your Unix/BSD Name (from the System Info Util)
3) You need to modify the Terminal code to reflect your setup.

I hope I was able to help you.
-B :thumbup:

Alright. This time the terminal command executed properly but I'm still getting the error when I reboot :( Should I re-run MultiBeast? I really dont know what the issue is. Btw the errors I am getting are:

2013-02-06_13-00-52_151.jpg

Alright. This time the terminal command executed properly but I'm still getting the error when I reboot :( Should I re-run MultiBeast? I really dont know what the issue is. Btw the errors I am getting are:

View attachment 45738

boot1 error indicates you have boot1 installed correctly but don't have the next stage there. boot1 looks for /boot on an HFS+ partition (I believe the first one). So, do you have the rest of Chimera installed on the first HFS+ partition on your HDD, complete with /boot?

boot1 error indicates you have boot1 installed correctly but don't have the next stage there. boot1 looks for /boot on an HFS+ partition (I believe the first one). So, do you have the rest of Chimera installed on the first HFS+ partition on your HDD, complete with /boot?

i'm sure how to answer that question. how do i determine if i do?

i'm sure how to answer that question. how do i determine if i do?

What is your partition layout? Do you have more than one HFS+ partition? If so, what is the order in the partition table and which one did you install Chimera to?

I have a single SSD drive with OSX on it. Single partition, nothing fancy. It's been running like butter from day 1 and it's been a few months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back