4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Quadra
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

Created USB with UniBeast 1.5.0, got boot1: error on all 4 hackintoshes I have. Where to start debug, please?

Hi!

Created USB with UniBeast 1.5.0, got boot1: error on all 4 hackintoshes I have. Where to start debug, please?

Try erase write 1 pass zero the USB drive, make sure it is formatted MBR, MacOS Extended (journaled) and create the UniBeast again. If that doesn't work, try with a different USB flash drive.

Hi,

I got a boot1 error after the initial install and it reboots to go into setup.

I actually think I had boot0 error, the did the dd if=/Volume....etc fix. Then that gave me a boot1 error.

You should still be able to boot into Mountain Lion from the USB. Choose the USB as the boot device, arrow over to Mountain Lion, the type in "-x" without the quotation marks. This will run in safemode.

From here it should boot and you can run multibeast if needed. For me I have and hp4530 and had the luxury of using the latest HP Installer for ML.

That got me through. Hope that helps.

I have this problem, after a first install of ML.
I can't use another USB, right now, because I don't have a mac with me.
But it's strange, because it was working fine yesterday and today, on this USB flash drive.
Why it would not boot anymore? I did not change anything on the USB drive....

Bump, to ask again to the experienced users..

If my USB flashdrive was working with the first install of OS X ML (using UniBeast), is it possible to be corrupted (or "broken") now that I try to install again ?

(there was less than 24h between the 2 install. and I did not touch the files on the USB flash.)

Thanks

Problem solved.
As for the other guys, it was a problem from the USB flash drive.
I could not believe it, because it was running perfectly the first 3 times I did the install.
I am running from another USB drive with UniBeast and all is good.

I checked the 1st USB drive and it's dead. Can't format, can't mount on OS X (or Windows XP)
First time in 10 years that a USB drive dies on me.
I hope it was just bad luck and bad coincidence. (really hope it was nothing from the new motherboard that killed this USB drive.)
Let see in the future.

So, if you get "boot1: error", find a new USB drive to try UniBeast. As simple as that !

Hi!

I just copied 'boot' file and '/Extra' folder from the USB to installation drive. Voila!!! Issue fixed. Now I can directly boot from the hard drive. No more need of USB to boot the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back