Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Boot1: /boot 5 GA-X58A-UD7

Hello Everyone,

Planning on doing a fresh install (drive died), used unibeast to make a clover USB, followed Tonymac's guide.

However I have come to the unfortunate Boot1: /boot 5 error, tried different guides but... :banghead:, yeah...

Anyway I'm using the FC bios if that helps, made sure to choose legacy, also not sure how to edit config.plist.

Anyway thanks in advance.

Curlip

Last edited:
I'm afraid we're going to need a little more detail on the error if you want to troubleshoot. Can you post a photo of the screen?

What is it you want to do in config.plist?

Well, what happens is, Gigabyte logo/POST appear, white scrolling text shows, then shows "Varifying DMI Pool data" (or something.) this is all normal and happened with chimera. The problem is after this there is a new line with the text "boot1: /boot" and then another with simply the number "5".

Eg.

Varifying DMI Pool Data...
Boot1: /boot

As for confit simply don't know how to write/find one, can edit basic plists, these are nothing like chimeras.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Well, what happens is, Gigabyte logo/POST appear, white scrolling text shows, then shows "Varifying DMI Pool data" (or something.) this is all normal and happened with chimera. The problem is after this there is a new line with the text "boot1: /boot" and then another with simply the number "5".

Eg.

Varifying DMI Pool Data...
Boot1: /boot

As for confit simply don't know how to write/find one, can edit basic plists, these are nothing like chimeras.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

I'm getting the same message when I try to boot. I've tried a bootable in GUID and MBR and nothing. I can't find any answers either.

This is happening when you're trying to boot from a UniBeast install USB drive?

Is your BIOS set to boot Legacy, UEFI, or both?

Can you use your BIOS hotkey to manually select a boot device, and make sure you're selecting a non-UEFI entry for your USB drive?

Can you try a USB2 port on your motherboard if you have the drive on a USB3 port?

I would try all this with both a MBR USB drive and a GPT USB drive (I mean, try all with one, if that doesn't work, try all with the other).

Yes you are correct my USB is a UniBeast 6.0 USB created in legacy mode.

UD7's are all BIOS systems, my board currently has the FC Version of the bios.

I'm using the Del hot key to boot my USB, unsure what you mean by UEFI Section, assume this is something only possible on UEFI Boards.

Already using a USB2 Port, as this was something I remember from chimera.

Tried both MBR and GUID nether changing the outcome in anyway.

Thankyou.

I would try again with UniBeast 6.0.1 -- I know there were a few fixes in there, though I don't know if any of them will help you. Worth a try, anyway.

I'm getting the same "Boot1: /boot5" error. I never saw this before with Chimera/Chameleon. Don't know what to do... (GA-X58-USB3.0 running Yosemite perfectly)

Guys, simple turn off bluetooth 3.0 controller on the bios. That solved my " boot1: /boot5 " problem and now i have successfully installed El Capitan on my GA-X58-Usb3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back