Motherboard
MSI 2A9C 1.0
CPU
i5-750
Graphics
HD 5450
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello, so i dual boot mac os sierra 10.12 and windows 10. yesterday i installed drivers with multibeast and i wanted to switch to windows because i was working on something for the school, and then "boot0af: error" appeared on the screen. i want to say that hackintosh works perfectly, it's windows that is not working. please help i don't want to lost my files on my windows partition :/
sorry for my bad english, but i am italian :3

specs:
motherboard msi 2a9c
gpu ati radeon hd5450
cpu intel core i5 750
audio realtek ALC888s
ram 6gb
hdd 1tb barracuda

ps: is there a way to access (write or copy) to the windows partition from mac?

Last edited:
Moved to Multi Booting.

anyone else? ...

Are you using Chimera / Chameleon or Clover as boot loader?
Given the age of your hardware, I would assume you have Windows installed Legacy mode - do you know if your BIOS supports UEFI booting?
Have you installed same drive or separate drives for Mac OS and Windows?
Can you hit a function hotkey to select a boot device on powerup?
If yes, can you boot Windows by selecting the Windows drive?

Are you using Chimera / Chameleon or Clover as boot loader?
Given the age of your hardware, I would assume you have Windows installed Legacy mode - do you know if your BIOS supports UEFI booting?
Have you installed same drive or separate drives for Mac OS and Windows?
Can you hit a function hotkey to select a boot device on powerup?
If yes, can you boot Windows by selecting the Windows drive?
i am using clover as boot loader.
my bios is legacy and it doesn't support UEFI booting.
i installed mac and windows on the same drive and (obviously) in separate partitions of the hdd.
yes i can hit a function hotkey to change the boot device (i boot from hdd when i want to use windows, and i boot from bootable usb with clover when i want to use mac os x) on powerup and that is ESC.
yes, i can boot windows, but when i go for boot it, the error boot0af:error appears

i hope that my english is decent...

ps: i also want to say that as long as everything worked, I had to change from the bios the sata controller mode to raid when i wanted to boot windows, while when I wanted to use boot I had to change it to ahci.

Last edited:
please help :/

please help :/
You should not have to use the raid setting in BIOS - the AHCI should work for both Mac OS and Windows.
Have you tried booting Windows with Clover?
Compress and post your EFI folder.

Last edited:
You should not have to use the raid setting in BIOS - the AHCI should work for both Mac OS and Windows.
Have you tried booting Windows with Clover?
Compress and post your EFI folder.
i tried booting windows with clover but it doesn't fix my problem.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 146
Suggest you use MultiBeast to install Clover Legacy mode. Select only Clover Bootloader from the boot loader options and make sure you select the Legacy mode. Build and install, reboot.

Suggest you use MultiBeast to install Clover Legacy mode. Select only Clover Bootloader from the boot loader options and make sure you select the Legacy mode. Build and install, reboot.
nothing has changed...
same "boot0af: error" when i boot windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back