CPU
i5 4670K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I've had my Hack for 3 years and it's never had a major issue. Today I went to click Firefox and an error popped up "Firefox is corrupt..." so I tried Safari and the same error "Safari is corrupt..." So I restarted.

When I restarted it wouldn't recognize a boot drive. So I unhooked all my drives and plugged only my root SSD in. Then I started getting the prohibited sign. I've tried -v, -x, etc. and over the last 5 hours, -v has ended on different strings where it freezes.

Earlier today I tried to boot from my Sierra USB so I could run First Aid on the HD, and that worked at the time. It couldn't run first aid though since there was a problem with the HD. I have a second SSD so I decided I would copy the contents of that to a bigger HD, then do a fresh install on the 2nd SSD to isolate the problem.

Now, I can't boot to my Sierra USB either. I hit F12 when booting to select (as I always have) and for some reason it's not booting now - either prohibited sign or I get the boot0af : error.

So I can't boot into anything at this point. Any ideas on what's going on? I can post pics\etc. if it helps.

Thanks in advance.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i5 4670K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I tried taking a 2nd USB and using Unibeast to get in.

GUID \ UEFI Boot - Didn't work
MBR \ UEFI Boot - Didn't work
GUID \ Legacy - Ended up working. Used a 2nd SSD to boot.

Now I'm booted up, but need to get into my main SSD still.

Status
Not open for further replies.