Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660
Hi
I know that this is a known issue, and I have read more or less all the threads about it in this forum.
My problem is that actually I cannot boot at all in my computer, not in Yosemite, not in the rescue disk not even in Win7 (it was a dual boot with Yosemite on SSD and Win7 on a HDD). Therefore this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/boot0-error-the-official-guide.65706/ doesn't apply.
Any other ideas before reinstalling everything? - which is something I can't really do because for some unknown reasons I cannot even boot with a bootable win7 cd.

Thanks

@ancheno, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Situation now is that I disconnected all the disks and installed Win10 on a new disk from scratch so at least I can work.

But before I did this, the only way to boot was from USB, but before booting had to go into the bios and change the parameters as described here:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bios-uefi-screenshots-gigabyte-z77x-up5-th.130888/
Then, after a reboot, all the parameters would be lost and had to start again. So I am actually thinking this all stuff can be caused by the cmos battery (date and time are correct though)? Which is strange, because with win it works perfectly...

Any idea?

But before I did this, the only way to boot was from USB, but before booting had to go into the bios and change the parameters as described here:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bios-uefi-screenshots-gigabyte-z77x-up5-th.130888/
Then, after a reboot, all the parameters would be lost and had to start again. So I am actually thinking this all stuff can be caused by the cmos battery (date and time are correct though)? Which is strange, because with win it works perfectly...

Upgrade your BIOS if you don't use the latest version.

That's the latest non-beta version.

Changed the CMOS battery, just in case (because since yesterday a new issue: lost Blackmagic Desktop Video driver after every reboot). Nothing changed.
Repeated, just in case, the "Official boot0 guide", both methods, nothing changed: still need the usb to boot.
Checked with DriveDx the ssd where Yosemite is installed, apparently everything is ok.
Any idea?

Changed the CMOS battery, just in case (because since yesterday a new issue: lost Blackmagic Desktop Video driver after every reboot). Nothing changed.
Repeated, just in case, the "Official boot0 guide", both methods, nothing changed: still need the usb to boot.
Checked with DriveDx the ssd where Yosemite is installed, apparently everything is ok.
Any idea?
Check the drive OEM site for possible firmware update to allow OS X to be used on the drive.

Check the drive OEM site for possible firmware update to allow OS X to be used on the drive.

Did it. Nothing changed.
Also because I don't really understand the logic behind this: something works smoothly for years, then one day it automatically decides to need an upgrade...

By the way, before the firmware upgrade, during one of the reboots from USB (pointing to the SSD where Yosemite is) I got the nice message attached here. Another reboot, and I could log in.

What does that mean?

Attachments

• IMG_20170224_170159.jpg
    IMG_20170224_170159.jpg
    980.3 KB · Views: 143
Did it. Nothing changed.
Also because I don't really understand the logic behind this: something works smoothly for years, then one day it automatically decides to need an upgrade...

By the way, before the firmware upgrade, during one of the reboots from USB (pointing to the SSD where Yosemite is) I got the nice message attached here. Another reboot, and I could log in.

What does that mean?
Means the BIOS was unable to read a drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back