Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
I'm on 10.12.6 This problem began when I was trying to fix my usb drives. I followed this guide "Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries" and everything went haywire.

Now, when I try to boot normally, I get this:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: done
boot1: error

I read "boot0 Error: The Official Guide" and solution 1 failed to work for me ("no such file/directory"). I don't have a second mac to try solution 2 with. Also, I'm using clover, not chimera.

I can boot if I hit f12, then "Clover start boot.efi at (ssd)" then enter the boot flag "nv_disable=1 system" (although only 1 of my two monitors turns on --could be unrelated problem).

I've tried restoring from a CCC backup and running Multibeast again, to no avail.

Last edited:
I unplugged my two hds, leaving my system ssd, did a bcfg boot dump and got this (see photo). It looks like there are two entries for my ssd (Duke, after my old dog). Is that normal?

Attachments

• IMG_9128.JPG
    IMG_9128.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 488
I'm using clover, not chimera.

I read "boot0 Error: The Official Guide" and solution 1 failed to work for me ("no such file/directory").
You cannot get the Boot:0 error with Clover. You appear to have the Boot:1 error though.
You must have damaged your boot loader, try booting with a USB installer.

Yes, I can boot with my old 12.3 installer. Now what? A quick google didn't bear fruit.

Yes, I can boot with my old 12.3 installer.
Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.

Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Oh man. I spoke too soon about being able to boot from the usb. I did it just yesterday, but no more. I can open the installer and stuff, but when I restart:

When I used these boot flags: nv_disable=false, nvda_drv=true -v, I get ATHR: unknown locale: 21
When I used these boot flags: dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -x -v I get error allocating 0x4a08 pages at 0x0000000000c7a000

Also, old annoying problem, any time I have to use a boot flag which involves the shift key, I get an auto repeat and have to delete a hundred underscores.

I can still boot from my ssd (in record time!) if I press f12 and use the nv_disable=1 boot flag. I do have "EFI Mounter v3". Can I use that to copy and paste the EFI folder from my usb to the ssd while the ssd is booted?

Attachments

• IMG_9133.JPG
    IMG_9133.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 397
  • IMG_9134.JPG
    IMG_9134.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Solved! I took a chance and followed P1LGRIM's instructions, except using my Carbon Copy Backup's EFI folder instead of the USB's. I was confused at first because EFI Mounter asked to mount disk0s1, disk1s1, disk2s1, or disk3s1. Using Disk Utility I determined that all the EFIs were "s1" and my system volumes were "s2". Since my backup was on disk1s2, I mounted the EFI on disk1s1. From there I did as P1LGRIM instructed, backing up everything along the way, then running Multibeast 9.2.1.

After rebooting, I ran ONYX to repair permissions and clear the kernel and boot caches.

The Boot1:error, ATHR: unknown locale: 21, and allocating 0x4a08 pages at 0x0000000000c7a000 all seem to have gone away. Somehow, it even solved my usb port problem! I still have the auto-repeat boot flag problem, but I guess that's for another thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back