Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I got the following message this morning after having to hard shut down my system.

Loading Operating system...
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: done_

The system has been running fine and no updates were run. After waking it up this morning, I was able to use the keyboard to type in my password, but the mouse wasn't working. I hard shut down the system and got the above after powering it back on.

I tried powering it off and left it off for about 30 minutes. This time when I powered it on, it got past the message above, but just sat at a black screen.

I've read that the MacMan post http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=61081 fixes the issue, but I don't get the boot0: error message, nor does it repeat the boot0 messages like the screen shot in that post.

Should I still follow the directions in that post to correct?

*edit*
Forgot to mention that the drive that I'm using has the 512b blocks I think, it's an older drive and only 320 GB in size.
*edit*

Thanks!

Yes i would! Try it.

And just a note when my system boots it displays that and then keeps going. So as long as it boots...

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't sure since I didn't have the the 4 Kb sector drives if that post pertained to me.

I think I'll try the BIOS first. I just noticed that there is a new DSDT version for the newer BIOS as well.

I'll post back with what I tried. Thanks!

Updated BIOS to latest, then made sure settings were correctly set fixed the issue. After it booted I updated the DSDT with the version that matched BIOS.

Thanks for the BIOS tip, would have never thought that would have been the issue.

jeremyb said:
Updated BIOS to latest, then made sure settings were correctly set fixed the issue. After it booted I updated the DSDT with the version that matched BIOS.

Thanks for the BIOS tip, would have never thought that would have been the issue.
Your welcome, hopefully it all goes well from here on out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back