Graphics
Onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm going out of my mind, I've tried so many different solutions and all to no avail.

It seems no matter what I do I get the following error when I try to boot for the first time after running MultiBeast.

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
Boot0: error

This last time I thought for sure would work since it doesn't involve trying to upgrade.

Here is what I've done.

Boot with iBoot
Partition my WD Green 2TB into 3 partitions, 100GB for OSX, 950GB, and 950GB
Install SL 10.6.0 unchecking all extras
I don't get a failed or succeded notice, it simply reboots to the message loading operating system.
Reboot with iBoot back in the CD drive
Select OSX
Final steps to install SL
Plug in flash drive and fire up MultiBeast, checking only EasyBeast and System Utilities
Remove iBoot
Restart

This is when I get -

Boot0: error

Put iBoot back in and restart and select OSX, I then get the following:

dsc4425u.jpg

Restart again with iBoot still in, select OSX and I get back to SL.

I can't seem to boot without using iBoot. I was hoping to at the very minimum get 10.6.0 running without iBoot before I try and upgrade.

My specs are to the left.

Thanks.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21767
might solve part of it.

And there is no reason why you should not try to upgrade beyond 10.6.0 after initial installation. I don't even know whether it would be stable (i joined hackintosh around 10.6.5).
But you could consider to upgrade only to 10.6.7 as 10.6.8 can cause additional troubles

firstly boot loader not installed correctly. what options did you choose in multi beast? I think PS2 controller caused kernel panic.
Post Multibeast options here

Say Heading said:

I tried that, hooked the HDD into my Win7 machine and cleaned the drive. Put it back into my future Hackintosh machine.

Double checked BIOS settings
Fired it up with iBoot, removed iBoot and put in SL 10.6.0, F5, Enter
This is what I get ...

pecck said:
...checking only EasyBeast and System Utilities
Not that it will solve this problem, but is there a reason why you are using EasyBeast rather than UserDSDT with a DSDT file from the database?

nige2000 said:
firstly boot loader not installed correctly. what options did you choose in multi beast? I think PS2 controller caused kernel panic.
Not PS2 controller. Back trace points to voodooHDA.

RTK said:
pecck said:
Not that it will solve this problem, but is there a reason why you are using EasyBeast rather than UserDSDT with a DSDT file from the database?

I've also tried the custom DSDT file, trying everything here. :x

To pick up where I left off ...

Put iBoot back in and restarted machine. Loaded SL 10.6.0, used -x safe mode.
Partitioned using 3 as I have a WD Green 2TB drive using the correct format settings.
Unselected extras for 10.6.0 install, now installing ...

pecck said:
RTK said:
pecck said:

I've also tried the custom DSDT file, trying everything here. :x

To pick up where I left off ...

Put iBoot back in and restarted machine. Loaded SL 10.6.0, used -x safe mode.
Partitioned using 3 as I have a WD Green 2TB drive using the correct format settings.
Unselected extras for 10.6.0 install, now installing ...
AHA! There might be the problem. WD green hard drives known to have problems - the power saver firmware keeps deleting the chameleon bootloader from the drive root, making the boot0 error because chameleon file is not there. Suggest a small HD as a boot drive and use WD 2Tb as storage only.

Going Bald said:
AHA! There might be the problem. WD green hard drives known to have problems - the power saver firmware keeps deleting the chameleon bootloader from the drive root, making the boot0 error because chameleon file is not there. Suggest a small HD as a boot drive and use WD 2Tb as storage only.

All I have are 2TB green drives. Thank goodness I ordered a SSD yesterday and paid a little extra to have it here tomorrow. :D

Going Bald said:
nige2000 said:
Not PS2 controller. Back trace points to voodooHDA.

sorry i see it
your right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back