Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using my build for over six months, and I've never had any serious problems until I suddenly got the boot0 error a couple days ago. I followed Solution 1, and that got rid of the error. However, I could not log in. The system would freeze either after entering my password or shortly after loading the desktop. I ended up restoring to my most recent Time Machine backup, but then I got the boot0 error again. Also, I don't have OS X on a large drive; it's on a 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD.

Can someone provide some help with this?

Just fixed this error with method 1! I had actually formatted my whole internal drive (long story;something to do with deleting EFI drive) so finally I restored my CCC backup and got it working with external USB Stick. Installed chimera to my restored drive, rebooted it. At that moment I saw this cold error screen, but I since I didn't want to make a Unibeast USB, I just simply booted into my CCC backup(external drive) and did the above first method by just unmounting the drives and opening terminal. I did however get a permission denied message, but used sudo in front of the command and got it working! Finally I just reinstalled chimera(I think) and did a reboot. VOILA!

Hope this helps anyone, who's in a similar s*** hole! ^^
Takecare!

I had this issue with a new Crucial SSD MX100 loaded up from my Time Machine backup. By following method 1 exactly I would end up with a "operation not supported" after terminal command.

I re-read the thread.
Resolved by modifying method 1 with info from two posts on page 3 of this thread. The problem seems to be that the code provided in the sticky did not accurately identify the disk I was trying to load Chimera from. For me I had to use the following command, where "UniUSB" is the name of the bootable USB I am copying Chimera from and "disk0s2" is the SSD disk I am loading Chimera to. Hope this helps someone.

dd if=/Volumes/UniUSB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

Thanks a lot Macman. You saved my day. The first option worked like a charm!

Thanks i got mine to boot from hdd using the 1st solution

Ty!!! work to me. Now I have a Hackintosh wit Mac OS x 10.9.5 working 100%.

"dd: /usr/standalone/i386/boot1h: No such file or directory"

This is what i get after entering the command.

point is: in the i386 directory there's no boot1h file, just boot.efi

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

"dd: /usr/standalone/i386/boot1h: No such file or directory"

This is what i get after entering the command.

point is: in the i386 directory there's no boot1h file, just boot.efi

Type this into Terminal first

Code:
 diskutil list

Verify your correct Volume if different to disk0s2 and try again changing 'disk0s2' to the correct one that you require for your installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back