Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one here who had success with method 1.
Thanks!

I just upgraded my Hackintosh build to replace the smaller 500GB drives in it to a 2TB drive, and this post came in very handy. Thank you to all who have contributed, with a big thanks to MacMan!

Edit to add... My success was with method 1 as well.

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

this is probably an uber n00b question but how do I know what my "volumes" are?

Issue the command 'diskutil list' from a Terminal window.

I used Oqunn's instructions above and it worked perfectly for me. What a lifesaver! I'm so glad I came across this fix. It was driving me crazy! Just make sure you know what port you have your Sata driveconnected to. Then, find that drive in Disk Utility. Highlight the drive in Disk Utility and click "INFO". Make note of the volume and disk number. Then unmount the drive. In Oqunn's instructions, he is connected to Port 2. If you are using a different port you will need to get the drive device name from Disk Utility by selecting the volume and clicking "INFO". Also, make sure your USB drive with Unibeast is named "USB". Then use terminal and enter the proper code making sure to name the drive that has your OSX installation already installed. It took me a a few tries...but it's really not that difficult. Might save you the cost of buying a new hard drive that doesn't have the new "Advanced Format" issues.

I followed solution one. I got the Tonymac screen with the tomato. It boots the hdd and I get this screen:

bpxbV.jpg

It starts without the square and circle with the line through it then that pops up. The loading circle loads indefinitely.

me too, i get the old screen... im trying to do this with 10.8.3

so i should run the install ( in a probook 4530s in this case) take the disk out, put it in my working desktop hackintosh and run the terminal command?

Hmmm, a lot of posts here but the solution 1 has not been fixed. I'm wondering why because it seems not to work (volume busy).
I'm wondering if I can just copy the boot1h from the disk to the USB volume, then unmount the disk, then dd from the file on the USB to the disk.

I've used method two 2 twice and both times it at 1st worked but then not only loaded boot 0: http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/36766d1352211748-boot0.jpg.html

But when attempting to apply again it loops reboot over and over. I'm guessing applying the fix again causes the loop reboot but what causes the 'fix' to break?

Also, would method one 1 work more effectively and not stop working?

what about going into windows disk manager and formatting the drive to ntfs and set the sector size to 512
wouldn't work as OSX does not support the NTFS file system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back