Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Not worked for me and my 2TB disk.
Tried various method but the useful was:
1. Unplugged all disk (because linux don't want to boot from CD or from USB)
2. Boot with Linux LiveCD (like ubuntu or whatever you prefer)
3. When OS ready attached the disk via SATA/PATA/IDE Drive to USB 2.0 Adapter (already owned from another manufacture)
4. Downloaded in "Home" of linux this file: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/attachment/179/boot1h
5. In terminal executed "sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/sda2 bs=4096"
6. Power Off
7. Plug your Disks
8. Done. Disk booted without problems.

Hope this is useful for someone ...

Regards.

[reference: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/129/]

I built a new system from scratch. I used a 120gb SSD to mount the OSx on. I also have a 500 gb drive partitioned for data and time machine. Not sure if I can explain it but my thought was install the OS using Multibeast on the SSD hopefully avoiding the situation described above.
I rebooted and it works like a MAC PRO right from the Apple store. I followed the #2 recommended build using an I7 3770k processor. The systems boots in less than 15 seconds and runs at light speed.
Thanks for the guide Mac Man. If you want to avoid frustration follow the Mac Man's guide and you will quickly on your way.

Hi, i also tried the first method. When i put the command it works! (I think..) Then of intro it says:

"2+0 records in
2+0 records out
1024 bytes transferred in 0.752319 secs (1361 bytes/sec)"

Is that ok?

Then of it i Exit Terminal and Reboot and no more boot0 error! The bootloader starts charging mountain lion but then i own a panic message inviting me to reboot the hackintosh :(

What do i have to do?
You are the one who did it well.
Please help me :banghead:

Hi I have exactly the same problem. Do you or anyone else have a solution?

Solution 1, easy enough to perform, did nothing for me.

In my UEFI if I select "P0 OCZ-Vertex3" as the boot volume, the old boot0 GPT testing, testing, error happens.

The only way around this is to select my ML Installer USB stick as boot volume and then choose the Vertex to boot from in Chimera

Hi ! Having a different screen here:

boot0=GPT
boot0=test
boot0=test
boot0=done

It happened when I booted the system with an external USB drive plugged.
Suggestions needed...

I followed oqunnn's picture explination to a T and it did not improve anything. Doing the CustoMacMini deluxe build from this site. Gigabyte Z77-WIFI board that doesn't need a DST. Initial install works perfectly but after first restart - Boot0= error. Even after the posted fix it doesn't help any.

Running Mountain Lion from app store 10.8.1

this is ona 128 gb SSD drive .... not even sure why this is an issue

Thoughts??

Okay so i used method 1 to correct the boot issue. Now the computer makes it as far as the apple load screen with the spinning wheel, then goes to a blank gray screen and stays there. any idea on how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back