Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked like a charm. I am booting from an mSATA drive and indeed had to change my Disk info as you suggested. First time I got "resource busy" but I then booted from a previous install and was able to run the line in terminal with no issues. Thank You so much. I now have Yosemite working and ready to do some photo and video work.

BIG THANK YOU!!!

Hi all,

I've recently built a Hackintosh and everything was working fine. Suddenly, the machine hangs before getting to Chimera. This video shows what happens:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pifz5laq6yd3tyj/2015-05-22%2000.36.35.mov?dl=0

It just hangs on that dash with a flickering underscore. Also, very quickly it shows:

boot0:GPT
boot0:done

This is my build:

[TR="class: withpadding first odd"] [TR="class: withpadding even, bgcolor: #F9FAFA"] [TR="class: withpadding odd"] [TR="class: withpadding even, bgcolor: #F9FAFA"] [TR="class: withpadding odd"] [TR="class: withpadding even, bgcolor: #F9FAFA"] [TR="class: withpadding odd"]
Intel Core i7-4790K Boxed
Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Superclocked ACX Cooling
BitFenix Phenom Mini-ITX Zwart
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Corsair CS550M
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB

When I change my boot preferences to my Windows SSD it boots fine into Windows, it's just the Mac SSD that's not booting. Does anyone know what to do?

Solution 1 work great for me

Yosemite 10.10.3 / ST 1Tb

I tried the fix but it didn't work. Are there any other ways to fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    680.3 KB · Views: 118
What I found was that my Yosemite partition was set to a locked Logical Volume.

Hey man, looking for some help. Where do u find this info?

(1) Re-booted into my Mavericks backup

and when u say into ur mavericks backup, what exactly do u mean?..

ive managed to get to this point
image.jpg
but still cant reboot normally :((..

Solution 2 does not work when your other system is not running the same generation of OS X because you cannot run Multibeast for Yosemite on anything other than Yosemite.

At this point in time, 2015, why hasn't Multibeast been updated to compensate for this problem so that people don't have to deal with this boot0:error issue? Not only those encountering the problem but the problem is readdressed over and over here.

At this point in time, 2015, why hasn't Multibeast been updated to compensate for this problem so that people don't have to deal with this boot0:error issue? Not only those encountering the problem but the problem is readdressed over and over here.

The bug is not in Multibeast. The bug is in OS X 'dd' utility.

FYI: The problem doesn't happen with Clover...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back