Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get trough the process without issues and there's a problem after restarting my computer when I'm booting from HDD - I get a kernel panic :crazy: I have reinstalled the system, repeated the process to avoid boot0 Error and still getting the same result... HOWEVER I can run Yosemite booting from USB stick without issues :banghead:
Please help me , I beg You:(
(Edit2: help no longer required)

code is a bit different every single time I reboot
there is a dropbox folder with couple of "screenshot's" and applied MultiBeast Configuration - //link no longer required//

My hardware: MSI Z97 PC MATE / i7-4790K / Seagate 1TB

EDIT: Partially solved. Reinstalled again, used new version of MultiBeast 7.2 with other configuration, did "boor0 repair process", boots ok from HDD, though there's no sound. Trying to fix that.

!!! EDIT2: I managed to install everything. Even with sound. It was required to use Clover and I wouldn't achieve that without jcuno, who made a great advice post on installing Yosemite with Clover on exact same hardware as mine: http://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2luafw/success_hackintosh_triple_boot_yosemite_windows/

Advice for MSI Z97 PC Mate users - You will not get sound to work (at least with internal Audio) when installing with UniBeast/Multibeast - the only way to get it work is to install your system using Clover.

All, Since the beginning I have experienced a frustrating display after POST but before the bootloader starts. An example of this message is below.

DSC03506.jpg

After this sequential display the bootloader runs and everything starts up nicely. I don't know that this is necessarily a problem since the system seems to run fine afterwards but puzzling all the same.

Any ideas or insight would be appreciated.

Cheers

I have an ASUS P8Z77-V PRO/i5-3570k/8GB RAM/Samsung 840 120GB SSD (for OS X)/R9 290
I can boot OS X Yosemite fine if I use the Unibeast flash drive, but without it, I get this when booting to the SSD. My other SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB has Windows 7 and it's plugged into SATA port 0. The Samsung 840 with OS X is plugged into SATA port 1. I tried the terminal method and changed the disk name accordingly (disk1s2). I tried reinstalling Chimera, but I still can't fix this. What can I do?

IMG_3596.jpg

I have an ASUS P8Z77-V PRO/i5-3570k/8GB RAM/Samsung 840 120GB SSD (for OS X)/R9 290
I can boot OS X Yosemite fine if I use the Unibeast flash drive, but without it, I get this when booting to the SSD. My other SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB has Windows 7 and it's plugged into SATA port 0. The Samsung 840 with OS X is plugged into SATA port 1. I tried the terminal method and changed the disk name accordingly (disk1s2). I tried reinstalling Chimera, but I still can't fix this. What can I do?

View attachment 132927

Follow the linked guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115818-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Hello everybody...
Sodidthe procedures asthe tutorialfirst, Method 1,I hadsuccess,buthang upwhen I restarthas the samewordingon the boot screenerror.I did it forseveral timesand the terminalalway ssucceedsandwhen I restarthasthe same problem.Would you like toMethod 2,but I'mafraid todo itbecause I'ma little confusedabout thetutorial,anyone can give memore detailsofprocedures, videowould be nice.
Thank you.
Note, did the procedures with boot install USB Clover and Unibeast, all to no avail
OSX Yosemite
i7 4970K
GA-Z87X-UD5 TH
HD SSD sata III Vextex 90 GB
32 GB Ram corsay

Hello everybody...
Sodidthe procedures asthe tutorialfirst, Method 1,I hadsuccess,buthang upwhen I restarthas the samewordingon the boot screenerror.I did it forseveral timesand the terminalalway ssucceedsandwhen I restarthasthe same problem.Would you like toMethod 2,but I'mafraid todo itbecause I'ma little confusedabout thetutorial,anyone can give memore detailsofprocedures, videowould be nice.
Thank you.
Note, did the procedures with boot install USB Clover and Unibeast, all to no avail
OSX Yosemite
i7 4970K
GA-Z87X-UD5 TH
HD SSD sata III Vextex 90 GB
32 GB Ram corsay

Bit difficult to read the above. Post a photo of the issue which you are facing.

step 1 works for me:headbang:

Thanks so much! I did the SATA external thing and it worked! Now booting into OS X on my machine, time to install the NVIDIA drivers! Thanks so much!!

[SOLVED]

Ok, I was pulling my hair out with this. I followed the http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html, but received the boot0 Error upon reboot after running Multibeast.

I tried following the guide here, but wasn't having any success. I couldn't even boot to the new drive using the USB boot stick. What I found was that my Yosemite partition was set to a locked Logical Volume. I tried to "revert" it back to a standard partition, but it didn't recognize the partition as a valid cs.

I also found that I couldn't even re-partition the disk in diskutil from the installer.

What worked for me . . .
(1) Re-booted into my Mavericks backup
(2) Connected my new Yosemite drive via USB (prompted to "unlock" the drive upon connection)
(3) Open Disk Utilities and created an image of my Yosemite partition to my backup disk
(4) Deleted the Yosemite partition in Disk Utils
(5) I was now able to re-partition the Yosemite disk (1 Partition, GUID, Mac OS Extended (Journaled))
(6) Restored the Yosemite image from step 3 to my newly created partition
(7) Ran Multibeast as per the install guide on the Yosemite partition
(8) Reboot

Machine booted first time with no issues. I'm now running a stable Yosemite build.

Thanks for all the various posts as I got to this conclusion reading various threads here. I just thought I would put it together as I didn't see it in a single thread (sorry if I missed it somewhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back