Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you figure out how to point multibeast? Having the same issue.

Got the dreaded:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: done

Then a flashing cursor, and nothing else.

Running a dual SSD booting system. been running great until yesterday.

I was in Win 8, and installed a driver for Arduino Leonardo. Got a notification from Nvidia to update my driver for gtx970, but I didn't because I was worried it might affect the Hack SSD. But after rebooting got the boot0 message.

I'm running:
Z97X-UD5H
GTX970
16GB
i7 4790K
Samsung Evo 840 250GB, Yosemite
Crucial MX100 250GB Win 8.1
1TB Seagate HDD

(So 3 hard drives) My rig has always booted into Bootloader with Samsung as primary boot.

I can still boot into Win 8 SSD if I change boot priority in BIOS.

Tried changing to internal graphics as some people have mentioned here to no avail.

Tried booting into my USB install stick as people have also mentioned, but it just hangs at the Apple logo page (once bar starts moving). I can't even get into Disk Utility.

I also heard that Terminal commands can affect a Windows install as well.

Please can anyone offer some advice, I'm lost. I don't want to try a terminal command it be the wrong one, and do more damage!

EDIT: If Paragon Mac is installed on Windows 8 (so I can read mac hard drives) can that mess around with a Hackintosh, if you install drivers, or software. Can it interfere with the mac partition?

No such file or Directory Error :(

Thanks for the help! I followed your instructions with finding out my drive info, I mounted the drive and putting the commandline in with my details this is what happened look at the picture below what should I do now ?

I don't know if you ever solved your problem but your photos helped me a great deal. I finally got the terminal line to work. Now on to my next problem! Yosemite only loads half way then stalls. More searching to do for me I guess.

Thanks for posting those photos!

Hello

solution 1 not work for me, my usb pen name USB, info of disk is: disk5
my new hd is SSD CRUCIAL 240 (perfectly installed)i have typed:dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk5

in terminal +2 -2 ok
restart but not working: LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM....
any idea ?
thanks

/dev/disk5 refers to a disk, not a partition.

I think you should read carefully...

Thanks RehabMan,

I have a doubt,
in my system i have SSD SANDISK 120 GB, i want to change it because it noisy, is a very annoying hiss;

i have a SSD CRUCIAL 240 for data, very very silent HD, perhaps not recommended as HD system? In fact, I have so many problems: boot0 Error

if I buy a hd SSD list: http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-march-2015.html#System_Drives
I thought a samsung evo 120 or 240 GB......are 100% sure that it works without problems to install new system osx 10.8.5 on my hackintosh? these are silent HD? :think:

Thanks in advance.

SSDs are generally silent. Any noise, IMHO, would be considered a manufacturing defect.

Either way, overcoming a 4k/AF disk is easy if you follow the guide in post #1 carefully.

Thanks RehabMan,
now try again, my disk is: disk4s2

then: dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk4s2

View attachment 131867

or else I have to change ? I read all the pages, many user also change USR, STANDALONE etc.

the name of my usb pen is: USB
my ssd disk is: SSD CRUCIAL M500 240 GB (work perfectly, very silent)

Thanks for support:geek:

There is no way for me to know intuitively what your disk configuration is. That is for you to determine.

The idea is to write the boot1h image to the PBR of the partition where you've installed OS X. If that turns out to be /dev/disk4s2, and you have that device unmounted, then it should work...

it works
thanks, TonyMac

here is what i did.

- boot into Unibeast installer usb

- run Terminal from Tool menu

- run mount command in Terminal to see your disk number and mount point. for example, you see things like this.
/dev/disk2s2 on /Volumes/mydisk (hfs, local, journaled)

- run umount command to unmount your disk. for example,
sh-3.2# umount /Volumes/mydisk

- run dd to copy boot1h into disk. for example
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk2s2

- reboot and boot into your disk

I tried again, code:

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk4s2
Terminal say: OPERATION NOT SUPPORTED :crazy:

Please Help

Are you doing this while booted into the OS X installer's Terminal?

Did you unmount the volume associated with /dev/disk4s2?

Did you verify that /dev/disk4s2 is the correct bsd identifier for the volume?

i have a question.....now if you change internal sata cable connected to new ssd to the mainboard, the new ssd HD is seen even if it changes disk4s2?

Assignments of bsd names to devices are non-deterministic and not necessarily related to physical connections.

I have built the following system:
Gigabyte Z97M-D3H; Intel i7 4790K; EVGA Geforce GT740SC; 8gb Crucial Ballistic Tactical RAM & 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001 HD.
I followed all instructions exactly, have got Yosemite installed via Unibeast from USB drive. After loading and setting MultiBeast and using the instructions given in this thread for the larger drive size my system will not boot up.
It gets to the gray Apple screen with the Apple logo and then reboots again, over and over.
This is my first build, I am new to this, and have spent 2 days researching and reloading, any help would be appreciated.
Thank You!:crazy:

Update 4/3/15
I have solved the boot problem. It turned out the problem was with my Multibeast set-up. It seems this new Motherboard has many native drivers that work with Yosemite. Here is my Multibeast setup, very basic. Machine is working 98%. Only issues left are no sound after sleep, and low level audio noises from cursor movement. :D
View attachment Working Yosemite Boot.mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back