Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Solution 2 is work for me Thanks people!

These solutions are all well and good PROVIDED you can CAN boot from a USB drive. I have OSx 6.8.3 installed courtesy iBoot / Multibeast. I can use iBoot to get to utilities, unmount, and terminal. The suggested code comes back with the "no such directory" error. ALL of the solutions I've seen do not say where the boot1h file belongs. I'm so confused. I haven't tried dropping UniBeast to a cd/dvd. Maybe that will work, but I doubt it.

Thought it has worked but not...
Since I left my rescue disk I had to make a new one.
I boot on it and it seems usb key works fine... was able to reinstall Mavericks
I decided to reboot now on the SSD by Unibeast USB key.... GREAT !!! I saw my board finally back
But when I decided to try to reboot within SSD without using rescue USB disk... no way
Back problem GPT error 0
I used again USB key but when I tried to boot to SSD within USB boot... it crashes Kernel panic...
So i tried method 1... it said registered in registered out or something like that
but when rebooted.. no improvements.. same problem

it's pretty cheaty .. i was so happy to see my system back but no second chance

I tried to do apply option 1 with a fresh SL install and it says boot1h cannot be found, if i look in /i386, there is no boot1h (unless is is hidden?) there is a boot.efi file though.... Looked at Unibeast but the guides only seem to relate ML and higher...

ok Im a little dumb, sorry.

I just installed High Sierra. I can boot into it in clover. But now with my separate SSD drive for Windows 10, its giving me this error. Only through Clover though. I can load windows though F12. Everything has worked fine previously.
I tried reading through this thread but it just confused me.

Thanks

EDIT: I think its got something to do with what my windows drive is named? And its not identifying it? Not sure, and not sure what or where to change.

Last edited:
Just a note to confirm that method 1 worked great with my Yosemite installation on a 1TB drive (NOT a 4K block device). I'm sure that since 10.10 is no longer anywhere close to current, this will never be fixed; but it's pretty clear that MultiBeast and the Chimera install software both have issues with some hard drives as well as Yosemite. This boot0 problem has occurred with several drives (all 1TB), even going back to ML 10.8. Happily, workarounds do exist, and with luck I'll be moving on to Sierra 10.12 soon and a new set of problems? :lol: ).

I was able to solve this issue just booting a fresh install of macOS from pen drive and reinstalling Clover using Multibeast!

thanks ! but i tried this method without using unibeast mac osx installation with the EFI partition and it worked by just using the terminal typing sudo -s and dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk1s1 = EFI Partition booted my system mountain lion 10.8 !!

I am running High Sierra with Clover. I was dual booting with Manjaro Linux. I was trying different flavors of Linux and so wanted to replace my Manjaro with Ubuntu, but I made the mistake of trying to do this from memory instead of re-reading the UEFI multiboot with separate drives guide, and I did the default Ubuntu install. Now my system boots straight to Ubuntu, and when I disconnect the Ubuntu drive, I get the boot0 error and no Clover. AND my boot options in BIOS only show one UEFI option: the Ubuntu option.

With the Ubuntu drive removed, I tried reinstalling Clover by making a Unibeast USB, booting back into the MacOS disk and going thru the Clover Configurator. No luck. So I restored an old config.plist from when I first upgraded to High Sierra. No luck. So I reran Multibeast and re-installed Clover (I didn't delete any pre-existing Clover files. I wasn't sure what to delete. No luck. I noticed that the EFI partition on the MacOS side had a Ubuntu folder, so I deleted it. Still no luck. That's when I removed the Ubuntu drive and started getting the boot0 errors.

I assume that my boot files have gone into the EFI partition on the Linux drive, but am not sure, nor am I sure how to fix this. Is this primarily a boot0 issue, or a Clover/EFI issue? I'm simply not sure where to go from here.

And, BTW, I tried the first boot0 fix and like some others, got the "no such file or directory." In my case, it's because there is no file named boot1h in /usr/standalone/i386.

Core i7 3770
GA-H77N-WIFI
500 Gb Samsung EVO 850 SSD(MacOS)
500 GB WD Blue SSD (Linux)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back