Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to get around this issue by installing Chameleon Manually to the EFI. Now that does not even work. I have to try this second method although I am unsure why this second method will work when the target drive on the USB port? Is it able to install the boot loader correctly when off the USB device rather than SATA?

Solution 1 worked like a charm. So boot1h on the USB drive mimicks that of the drives with 512 blocks is how that works?

Solution 1 worked great for me
Thanks Tony

I named my Unibeast drive "USB" as it says to do in the guide. and i named my partition "Lion OS X" where I installed on the laptop. So which is it referring to for me to input for my volume? I unmounted my partition Lion OS X and opened terminal, input lion os x with what i thought were the correct forward and backslash combinations, and it said no such volume existed. then i tried "USB" and it said "resource busy". reboot brought me back to boot0. and here I am. any thoughts? thanks

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Solution 1 worked great for me
Thanks Tony

Hi, i also tried the first method. When i put the command it works! (I think..) Then of intro it says:

"2+0 records in
2+0 records out
1024 bytes transferred in 0.752319 secs (1361 bytes/sec)"

Is that ok?

Then of it i Exit Terminal and Reboot and no more boot0 error! The bootloader starts charging mountain lion but then i own a panic message inviting me to reboot the hackintosh :(

What do i have to do?
You are the one who did it well.
Please help me :banghead:

what about going into windows disk manager and formatting the drive to ntfs and set the sector size to 512

I got around this by partitioning my 2 TB drive into two equal partition then installing to the first. After It installed i juen booted back to the usb key and deleted the second partition and expanded the first

This enables my 4530s to find and execute the boot sector, but Mac OS 10.7.4 then hangs on the loading screen with the silver Apple and the dark grey loading-circle graphic below. Ideas?

Edit: I tried again several times, doing 10.7 updates first, installing different BIOS revisions, etc. This last time, after I unmounted, ran the dd command, then went back, tried to restart, at which point it asked me to set the start-up disk. Then it proceeded to reboot and actually work! Was I just missing that incredibly simple step the whole time? (I'm also running BIOS F28 now)

Hi
Solution 2
OK for me
I bought It two years ago and I didn't think it useful to day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back