Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
First:
Do I understand this correctly in that this will happen to ALL installations on the new drives now?

Second:
Would it be possible for somebody to explain how I could make a Snow Leopard installation work correctly? I've looked & looked at the explanations in this thread & I just can't seem to understand how I would be able to do this with Snow Leopard.

I had an installation working correctly on Snow Leopard & my hard drive crashed in less than 90 days. Now I've installed it on the replacement drive & am getting the "boot0 Error". After foolishly reinstalling 37,000 (not really, but it felt like that many) times I finally did a search & found this thread. I'm trying to understand if I have even a chance at making my Snow Leopard installation work or if my only hope is to buy Lion & go with that. I'm at wit's end & REALLY can't afford to buy anything else to get this to work unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary & I know for 99.999% certainty that it will work.

Some help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you!

bamim2:
It's exactly the same command to get Snow Leopard to work: dd the boot1h file to the partition. Boot off your SL DVD and launch Terminal, use the boot1h file on a USB stick

Thanks for this. How do I get a USB stick with SL on it or can I use the Lion USB stick?

Since this is such a widespread problem now, is there ANY way that somebody would be willing/able to add the SL boot1h file to the "Download" section? It seems like that would be a HUGE help to people with SL that are having this problem.

Again, THANK YOU for this & any future help.

justananimal32 said:
Nevermind. I found a nice guide of how to analyze kernal panics and figured out what kext was screwing it up! :)

pls share link i have the same issue.......

I've tried this and it doesn't work on my Ivy Bridge build:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with Intel Core i7-3770K CPU
(1) Kingston 120 GB SSD

How do I return the settings to the original values? Or isn't it necessary.

Thanks

When I get to step 5 my Unmount option is greyed out.

5. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS Lion on.

Any thoughts?

So I just ran into this problem, and I'm trying to do solution 2. I ran multibeast and reinstalled Chimera but it didn't work. I'm still getting the boot0 error although mine looks like this :
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: done

Is there another option I should be clicking on in multibeast? It just seemed a little vague in the instructions to "4. Run MultiBeast, targeting System 1's drive"

I have the same issue, I am not getting "error" after the boot0 but getting "done" then 4 lines of gibberish characters. Would anyone have an idea on how to solve this please?

for how long have we been able to run multibeast targeting system 1's drive? I tried this in early 2011 and it overwrote my internal drive settings.. I made a mess of an already good hackintosh while trying to fix the "system 1" drive. According to this boot0 thread, we can manipulate system 1 drive without having to have it in the HDD bay? Why not just completely prepare drive outside of build and then pop it in?

Just a question here. Is this the same error as done+gibberish text, rather than just having an "error" without gibberish text?

I'm trying this now if it will solve the gibberish issue and will update you here.

Cheers! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back