Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
kryz said:
I get random boot0 errors too with two SSDs and a 500GB HD connected.
They don't add up to 1TB though: 128+128+500 = 756.
Would this method fix the random errors?

Ok this is what i figured out, I used the first method in variation. First I downloaded "Show all files" from downloads section, next i ran the software to show all files, then i went and downloaded the i386 folder and opened the folder on the desktop. Next open the hd that has the os running on it, open "usr", "standalone". "i386" folder - now copy the boot1h file from the downloaded i386 folder into the hd-i386 folder, you will get a message to authenticate file, click authenticate and you are done!

Restart without errors!

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go!

:clap: After overcoming the fact that OSX Lion only seems to support DVI video I bumped into the Boot 0: Error problem. 1st method sorted the problem.
Thanks

I just upgraded my hack and used bridge helper and ext usb method to boot my 1tb sata 111 seagate. I installed another 1tb sata 111 seagate and a 1tb sata 11 seagate but the machine doesn't boot, it will not load the bootloader. If I replace the 1tb sata 11 with a 500gb sata11, giving 2x1tb sata 111 + 500gb sata 11, it boots with no problems. Is there a way around this or am I stuck with less than 3tb total drive capacity for boot.

Thanks

edit; I changed the 1tb sata 11 drive with another 1tb sata 11 and the problem went away and the machine boots normally with 3x1tb drives. Must have been a bad disk.

There is no way to have UniBeast do that since users can name their UniBeast install disk and target volume any name and the target volume can be connected to any SATA port.

Until their is either updated drive firmware to fix the issue of writing to raw device or a change in Apple's driver you will always have to do this after installing Lion and Chimera.

the first method works for me.
but after this if I start Lion without USB mouse and keyboard don't work, if I restart with USB they work normally? How is possible?

Here the work around for those who don't have a sata to usb adapter. This method work for Snow as well.

Required a working hack or mac.
SATA cable.
USB flash drive - I use 1G.

1. Connect your drive to a working hack or mac via internal available SATA on your mobo.
2. Power on. Your drive will show up as and external drive.
3. Open terminal and type "diskutil list" without the quote.
4. Make note of the drive volume.
5. Go to disk utility and unmount the drive you just connected (not the drive you currently boot)
6. Format your usb flash drive as you would to work for a mac or PC and name it "boot"
7. Download the attached file, unzip and move it to your USB flash drive.
8. Open terminal and type
dd if=/Volumes/boot/loader/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

Make sure you change the disk0s2 to the drive you noted on step 4.

9.Exit terminal and you are done.
10. Shut down and move your drive back and boot as normal.

If you don't have don't have another working mac or hack, just use unibeast to boot and make a clone of your drive. Install chimera and target the clone drive, boot into your clone drive and follow step 3-10.

If you do not have a spare drive to mack clone, use unibeast to boot into your main drive, go to disk utility and add a new partition, clone your drive to the new partition, install chimera and reboot into the clone drive.
Follow step 3-9. reboot and you than you can delete the partition you just made.

GL

Thanks man, i used the method 1 of the first post to boot my samsung notebook, Lion + Windows 7. Great work, your post is now saved in a text archive in my installation usb disk :headbang:

thanks a lot.. it works great on Z77-DS3 core i5 3570K with Seagate 2 TB SATA3 disk
nice job :D :D

Okay, so I followed all of the instructions and everything installed and went well. The only thing I had to do was just make sure to use "GraphicsEnabler=No" boot flag whenever I booted into UniBeast or the OS drive.

After running the terminal commands successfully, I rebooted into the hard drive and no more boot0 error! However, after I chose to boot into the drive once on the bootloader I got a great big kernal panic.

73e44.jpg

Yet when I boot from UniBeast into the OS drive, everything works fine.

When I ran Multibeast I chose the bootloader along with my audio kext and GraphicsEnabler boot option.

My Specs are as follows.

GA-Z68AP-D3 Rev. 2 mobo
AMD Radeon HD 6670
WD Caviar Green 2TB

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back