ASUS P7P55D E Pro
CPU
i7 2.81GHz
Graphics
nVidia Geforce GTX 670
Dear Team
My system is : Build 1
ASUS P7P55D-E PRO | i7 4790K | GeForce 9500 GT [ 12GB RAM ]
My Snow Leopard system has been running perfect for 4+ years. Now the Original Hard drive has developed Mechanical failure.
Now I have a Brand New Toshiba 500GB hard drive, 4 FAILED attempts installing Snow Leopard with iBoot "CD" +Original Snow Leopard DVD + Multibeast + Combo Upgrade etc.

I think its due to: Advanced Format" or 4K "NEW" drives.
As suggested when I enter [terminal] following code: dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
Reply back is: dd: unknown operand if/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h

Is it because I am trying via iBoot "CD"?

I have NO idea as to how I can Fresh Install Snow Leopard via UNIBEAST "USB" or Correct the [terminal] code.

I will highly appreciate your help.

Kind regards

Your new hard drive has 4k sectors which is why you're getting the boot0 errors. See this old method for fixing that problem: boot0 Error: The Official Thread
Hi Stork, thanks for you rapid reply. If you read my initial message for help, I have already tried 4 times the "boot0 Error: The Official Thread"
My question is when I enter the said code in TERMINAL, the reply back in Terminal is: dd: unknown operand if/standalone/i386/boot1h.( I will appreciate it if you could please let me know as to what I am doing wrong)?
Regards - harry

Hi Stork, thanks for you rapid reply. If you read my initial message for help, I have already tried 4 times the "boot0 Error: The Official Thread"
My question is when I enter the said code in TERMINAL, the reply back in Terminal is: dd: unknown operand if/standalone/i386/boot1h.( I will appreciate it if you could please let me know as to what I am doing wrong)?
Regards - harry
Navigate to /usr/standalone/i386/ and verify presence of boot1h file

Regards - harry
Navigate to /usr/standalone/i386/ and verify presence of boot1h file
Please throw some more light or point me in the direction as to what you mean by "Navigate to /usr/standalone/i386/ and verify presence of boot1h file"? or where I will find the exact information to rectify "dd: unknown operand if/standalone/i386/boot1h".
Please accept my apology for me being ignorant!
Please see attached image if helpful
Regards
terminal.jpg

Please throw some more light or point me in the direction as to what you mean by "Navigate to /usr/standalone/i386/ and verify presence of boot1h file"? or where I will find the exact information to rectify "dd: unknown operand if/standalone/i386/boot1h".
Please accept my apology for me being ignorant!
Please see attached image if helpful
RegardsView attachment 197003
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h
where /usr/standalone/i386/boot1h is the path to the boot1h file. If the boot1h file is not in the i386 folder inside the standalone folder inside the user folder then the command fails.

Last edited:
juttla- Were you successful yet?

image.jpeg
Using terminal, I navigated to /usr/standalone/i386
When i run ls command I don't see /boot1h listed. I do see Firmware.scap boot.efi
Before I screw things up, where should I go from here? Can I load /boot1h on my drive manually so that I can the run it.

juttla- Were you successful yet?
No I am still stuck and have no idea as to what I should do next. All the instructions I am receiving make no sense to me.
I will HIGHLY APPRECIATE it if some one can tell me that I CAN NOT use iBoot (CD/DVD) and that I SHOULD USE UNIBEAST USB drive for this Snow Leopard Install?
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back