Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX1060
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm bored so I'm reading up on feature requests.

I've only seen it requested once way back in 2012 that the Boot0 error fix for the newer 4K hard drives be included in Multibeast. There was no response to this request.

I don't need it myself as following the guide for fixing it via the Unibeast boot method then unmounting the drive and applying the terminal patch worked fine for me. But for a lot of new users this is way over their heads (no insult intended) and would help out a lot of these new hackintoshers.

Is there a technical reason it can't be included as a Multibeast option? I would guess this is the case given the method I used requires it to be performed without the drive mounted.

Cheers

I would like a fix for this. I'm struggling to use the other methods. I installed multibeast from another drive and it didn't work, although I only installed the bootloader. I need to try this alternative, but it might be beyond my ability...

I would like a fix for this. I'm struggling to use the other methods. I installed multibeast from another drive and it didn't work, although I only installed the bootloader. I need to try this alternative, but it might be beyond my ability...

The first step is to confirm the correct partition that needs to have the boot 0 fix applied to it.

1. Unplug any drives without your OSX installation.
2. Plug in the drive to Sata 0 for Gigabyte boards or Sata 1 for Asus (use primary Sata connector for this boot drive)
3. Open/Utilities/Terminal (via Launchpad in dock/Other
4. Type or copy/paste diskutil list

If you used Sata 0 then your drives OSX partition should be disk0s2. If you have more that one partition on this drive then this number may be different. Make a note on paper of the correct partition for your OSX installation and follow the Boot0 guide accordingly. Change the guides disk0s2 to match that of your own drive.

I hope that helps.

I bought an Apple SSD hoping I would run into less issues like trim support, but I get the boot0 error :(
I got it to work with the fix, but would be nice to not have to. Come on Apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back