Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte
CPU
i5
Graphics
onboard
Hello all! Thanks in advance for reading this and any help you can offer. I've gone through the "Big list" of El Capitan issues, and haven't found success yet.

I tried installing Clover, then upgrading to El Capitan from Yosemite. After the install, it was rebooting during startup, and couldn't get to the GUI. I was reading possible fixes, but not sure how to change files without being able to boot at all. So I tried a time machine restore, which got me into the pickle I am now in. I have a boot0: error when trying to boot from the system drive. I created a Unibeast 6 flash drive on another macbook, and I can boot to clover on the usb, but if I try to boot from the system drive, unibeast, or "Boot OSX Install" it will always hang somewhere in the process. I've tried it with -v and -x, and cpus=1, and still hangs. With the -x flag, it hangs at "Error allocating XXXXX Pages." Without the -x, It takes a VERY long time before it seems to stop, but when I've let it go without -x, it seems to throw repeated SMC errors as the last thing.

I'm seeing things on the forums about maybe missing kexts, but I can't figure out where they should go, and if they are supposed to go on the system drive, how should I get them there now?

Hardware:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

Minor Update: without -x flag, I get repeated:

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F1Mn kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff80186b4200

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TC0D kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff80186b4200

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F0Mn kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff80186b4200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back