Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hey guys,

My whole installation went really well. got gpu up and running the way it should, sound/ethernet are working fine, but the only this that doesnt work it the bootloader or atleast thats what im guessing it is. I have chameleon RC4 installed but everytime i attempt to boot SL from the HD, i get the "boot0: error". When i boot SL from iboot ATI-5xxx-3 its boot up fine.

MY second problem is that the OS will not read all my ram. It only reads 4GB of it out of my full 6GB. How to I get it to read all of my ram? and if i need to run OS in 64-bit mod for it to read it all, how do i do so? ive been looking all over the place on how to resolve these two issues but i couldnt find the best answer for neither of them. need help! hope some of you can!

angelnieves said:
hey guys,

My whole installation went really well. got gpu up and running the way it should, sound/ethernet are working fine, but the only this that doesnt work it the bootloader or atleast thats what im guessing it is. I have chameleon RC4 installed but everytime i attempt to boot SL from the HD, i get the "boot0: error". When i boot SL from iboot ATI-5xxx-3 its boot up fine.

MY second problem is that the OS will not read all my ram. It only reads 4GB of it out of my full 6GB. How to I get it to read all of my ram? and if i need to run OS in 64-bit mod for it to read it all, how do i do so? ive been looking all over the place on how to resolve these two issues but i couldnt find the best answer for neither of them. need help! hope some of you can!
The iBoot CD's only recognize and enable 4GB of RAM. To see the full 6GB you need to install Chameleon to the HD.

I have the same problem with a nearly identical set up but nobody on the forums seems to know how to fix it.

dr_choice said:
I have the same problem with a nearly identical set up but nobody on the forums seems to know how to fix it.

yeah i know, and i dont feel like reinstalling the whole OS again if i dont have to. someone please help!

angelnieves said:
dr_choice said:

yeah i know, and i dont feel like reinstalling the whole OS again if i dont have to. someone please help!
Are you using a purchased retail version of Snow Leopard? Did you use MultiBeast to install Chameleon and required kexts?

MacMan said:
angelnieves said:
dr_choice said:

Are you using a purchased retail version of Snow Leopard? Did you use MultiBeast to install Chameleon and required kexts?

I am using a burnt retail copy on a DL disc. Yes i used Multibeast to install chameleon and required kexts.

I was experiencing the same issue the first time around when I used iBoot ATI-5xxx-3.

After struggling with it for several hours I decided to reinstall but this time I used -2 instead. Bingo, everything worked.

Have you tried -2 yet?

angelnieves said:
i am also using the UserDSDT. if that changes anything.
Where did you get the DSDT you are using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back