GT240
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

I've downloaded ML (twice now). As soon as the "Install ML" app appears, I leave it there, and run UniBeast, selecting my USB (MBR, 8Gb, 1 partition) as the destination.

It takes a little while (Half hour or so) for Uni to finish, at which point, I restart, and select USB-HDD as the boot drive. At this stage I am met with the following:

Loading Operating System...

boot0: doneaé

_

Upon rebooting normally into Lion, the USB stick (which I haven't unplugged at any stage) causes a "Drive not recognised, Initialise, Ignore, Eject" message to appear.

I've tried 2 different 8Gb USB sticks, and have had no luck. My specs are in my sig, does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Chris

Do not you do it with mounting USB stick?
For example , it is Diskutility and Finder.

An error occurs before terminating the OS when unmount , eject do not do USB stick by all means.

Is the version of unibeast which you use 1.5 or 1.5.1?
Please set up ML using 1.5.1 again if possible.

USB stick may fail or broken.
A product not to be able to prepare bootable USB stick into exists.
Using Diskutility , please carry out zero fill erase more than 1 pass.
Thus please exchange it for a different product, if the same error occurs as bootable USB stick..

Thanks for the reply.

I am currently zero-ing out the USB drive (3 pass). I just tried to download unibeast again, and while the .zip is called unibeast 1.5.1, when you actually open the program it only says 1.5.0.

Any other thoughts? I'm 99% sure the stick is ok, as I have had this issue with 2 sticks now, that I use regularly.

cheers,

cw

The incident which was useful for the solution was only a thing unsolved all when I searched it.
The search keyword is "boot0 unibeast problem".

Please set the start order by the BIOS as follows basically.

First boot: Hard Disk(HDD)
Second boot: CD-ROM
Third boot: disable

I met with the problem that could not start , but, was settled when a different product changed USB stick.
I do not seem to have any problem recently even, if released USB stick makes bootable USB stick, if there is a mark of Mac Compatible.

It is hard to regard it as the problem of MB.
I think initialize BIOS just to make sure and set Mac start use , and please start it again.

Hi Comewhatevermay,

Did you manage to resolve this problem ? I have same problem, I test with 3 USB sticks (one of it was new).

My mobo is Z77-DS3H

Yeah I did fix it,vand it was a stupid mistake.

Basically I had done everything right, except I made my thumb drive as os x J, not ms-dos.

As tony stresses, read carefully as its easy to miss bits!

Cheers,

Chris

Thank you for fats reply. Than we didn't have same problem. I tried 6 times, always as MS-DOS. Anyone can give me a clue ?

EDIT: Now I see that you tell me (and I red again the Guide) to choose Mac OS Journaled. Thank you for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back