Contribute
Register

boot0: done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your help. I tried the "boot0: error" fix, but it still hangs at "boot0: done".

What is "kext wizard"? Do you mean Chameleon Wizard? I tried both Boot0hfs and Update from Chameleon Wizard, but neither worked. Boot0md says it is for 2 or more disks and Windows on the other disk. This is not my setup. I only have one disk with OS X.

For now, I'm just running from the Unibeast USB boot. Is there a downside to this? I would really like to get this fixed.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kext Wizard is not Chameleon Wizard - Download Link.

It is often quicker to use the site Search tool (top right of this page) or Google rather than wait for an answer to your question here.

Yes, I tried re-running Multibeast. I also ran the Chimera installer separately. Thanks.

Thanks for the link. I try to stick with stuff on tonymacx86 to avoid potentially shady software. I checked in the tonymacx86 downloads area, but did not see Kext Wizard.

In any event, I downloaded Kext Wizard from your link and do not see a "boot0md" selection. I think he meant Chameleon Wizard.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the link. I try to stick with stuff on tonymacx86 to avoid potentially shady software. I checked in the tonymacx86 downloads area, but did not see Kext Wizard.

In any event, I downloaded Kext Wizard from your link and do not see a "boot0md" selection. I think he meant Chameleon Wizard.

Thanks for your help.

j_cal I have just read down this thread and would like to learn if this 128 GB SSD is the only drive in your system?

Good modding.

I updated the motherboard bios from F6 to F9, but boot is still hanging at "boot 0: done".

I had this bizarre boot 0 done error today and it took several hours of basic trial and error to finally fix it by chance. I don’t really know the exact cause of it and hence the fix can be considered a chance occurrence just like the error that befell my very healthy Desktop

I had a perfectly working Multi-boot System with 5 Oses running from 5 independent SATA HDDS 1-2 TB each

· Yos 10.10.3

· Mavericks and

· Mountain Lion

· Windows 8

· Linux DreamStudio 12.04

Hardware Specs
[FONT=&amp]o [/FONT]MoBo: GA-Z-77X-UP4-Th MoB with integrated LAN Realtek 8111 and Video (Intel HD4000) and onboard Intel HD Audio

[FONT=&amp]o [/FONT]CPU: 3.7 GHZ i7

I wanted to try an XFX Radeon R 7850 video card in place of its perfectly working integrated Intel HD 4000 and brought on the disaster on my system. I had a new ASUS VK2780 monitor with Display port I wanted too test and hence got this Radeon , the very first time I am installing AMD video card in OSX system although I knew this card will work very well in my Windows and Linux.

I realized I had blundered buying this card which has a mini Display port and the Monitor has Standard Display port and I had bought cable for the bigger standard DP! I realized I couldn't test DiaPlay Port today! I have to get a Mini to Standard DP cable.

The PSU in the system was a Corsair HX 750 but I had misplaced its previously unusable PCIE Power cable (detachable) and hence had to change the entire PSU with a new EVGA 850 that had plenty of Power cables including PCIE PWR ( 6 & 8 pins)

When I finally inserted the PCIE Video card, new PSU and connected the PCIE Power Cable to the PCIE card, the HDMI cable from its HDMI port to Asus Monitor HDMI , Powered the Monitor and PC and entered BIOS setup and changed Video from IGX to PCIE and booted the Yosemite containing HDD as # 1 as usual the screen went like this:

After trying the same treatment for boot0 error and failing ( I could not even use the previously healthy Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer as that too came down with the same error. ) I tried to see if my Windows and Linux would boot OK. They did. Then I booted Mavericks.

I booted to Mavericks Desktop and navigated to Yosemite HDD's /Extra/Org.Chameleon.Boot.plist and edited it and saved

After each random choices of Boot flags and rebooting and trying Yosemite boots, on one occasion it did not show that error and verbal boot went on to log-in although there was a brief mention of "errors' . I was too tired to use my Camera to take Screen images or videos.
When I went back and checked my plist . I am attaching a copy of it.

Obviously I had only a single incidence of this error and I have not tested the above on multiple occasions to see if there is any connection .

All subsequent boots show everything back to normal on new Video card and Monitor on HDMI
I will be trying Display Port when I get the proper cable. If by 'luck' I get the same error again , I can try the this highly "experimental treatment" with full video documentation.

I want to caution everyone that I have not established any cause and effect and this is just an empirical observation.

Attachments

• boot0 done error-2.jpg
    boot0 done error-2.jpg
    784.5 KB · Views: 163
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    623 bytes · Views: 302
Hi P1LGRIM, I don't get the gibberish, just "boot0: done" and then the cursor. Regardless, I was thinking of trying that approach. Thanks.

Hi P1LGRIM, I don't get the gibberish, just "boot0: done" and then the cursor. Regardless, I was thinking of trying that approach. Thanks.

It may well prove to be more beneficial to just do a fresh install rather than troubleshoot your existing one any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back