Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've seen people encounter a "boot0: done" and then garbled text error. In my case, at boot it displays:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: done

and then it hangs.

This is not the infamous "boot0: error". Also, I'm using a 128gb SSD.

I updated from Mavericks (which worked perfectly) to Yosemite using the tonymac official update guide. I am able to boot from the Unibeast USB.

My setup is quite simple: z77 ds3h motherboard, i5 3570k using hd 4000.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

I've seen people encounter a "boot0: done" and then garbled text error. In my case, at boot it displays:

boot0: GPT
boot0: done

and then it hangs.

This is not the infamous "boot0: error". Also, I'm using a 128gb SSD.

I updated from Mavericks (which worked perfectly) to Yosemite using the tonymac official update guide. I am able to boot from the Unibeast USB.

My setup is quite simple: z77 ds3h motherboard, i5 3570k using hd 4000.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Try this : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/65706-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Also update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website), So that we can avoid scroll back to your fist post for identifying the hardware details.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z97X-UD5H (F9F) (CLOVER)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics : Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Thanks, I updated my profile information to match the format you provided.

I'm using a 128gb SSD and I'm not getting "boot0: error". This is not the 4k sector problem.

It hangs at "boot0: done". I am not dual booting and not using a graphics card (just HD 4000). This system worked great on Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

I can boot fine from the Unibeast USB.

Thanks again.

@j_cal even if it's not showing "error" the fix still may require that you use
solution one to get the ssd working again. Give it a try and see if it works.
If not try the boot0md selection from kext wizard and then try to boot.

Thanks, I updated my profile information to match the format you provided.

I'm using a 128gb SSD and I'm not getting "boot0: error". This is not the 4k sector problem.

It hangs at "boot0: done". I am not dual booting and not using a graphics card (just HD 4000). This system worked great on Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

I can boot fine from the Unibeast USB.

Thanks again.

Looks like you could be overdue a BIOS upgrade - I use F12a with my Z77-DS3H V1.0 board.
Gigabyte have four versions later than yours on their website, however as there is no reference there to version F6 (as stated in your profile) I suspect that either F6 or Z77-DS3H is incorrect.

You can download F12a from here.

I updated the motherboard bios from F6 to F9, but boot is still hanging at "boot 0: done".

I updated the motherboard bios from F6 to F9, but boot is still hanging at "boot 0: done".

It's unlikely that a BIOS upgrade alone will solve your problem.
See Post #4.

Thanks for your help. I tried the "boot0: error" fix, but it still hangs at "boot0: done".

What is "kext wizard"? Do you mean Chameleon Wizard? I tried both Boot0hfs and Update from Chameleon Wizard, but neither worked. Boot0md says it is for 2 or more disks and Windows on the other disk. This is not my setup. I only have one disk with OS X.

For now, I'm just running from the Unibeast USB boot. Is there a downside to this? I would really like to get this fixed.

Any help is much appreciated.

Just a thought, and worth a shot. Have you tried re-running MultiBeast - Yosemite 7.3.0 with the correct settings for your system. Reason, as you are able to boot with the UniBeast USB, my thought is that your older version of Chimera isn't able to boot Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back