Contribute
Register

Boot using Installed El capitan HDD but not using bootable USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS B85M-G
CPU
i5 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Dear All,

I've successfully installed El Capitan Mackintosh using Clover (thanks all for your help).

I have 2 concerns,

1. As mentioned in the threads, I noticed that as of now, the only option to boot into the OS is using the bootable USB.

May I know if the solution is available to boot directly from the HDD on which the OS is installed but not from the bootable USB.

2. I'm unable to use FaceTime camera. When I try to login, it displays the message "You cannot sign into FaceTime on this Mac at this time. Contact Apple support and provide below code".

Thanks in advance.

1. As mentioned in the threads, I noticed that as of now, the only option to boot into the OS is using the bootable USB.

May I know if the solution is available to boot directly from the HDD on which the OS is installed but not from the bootable USB.

Well, did you installed clover on ur HDD after installing OS X?

2. I'm unable to use FaceTime camera. When I try to login, it displays the message "You cannot sign into FaceTime on this Mac at this time. Contact Apple support and provide below code".

Did you do the magic wand thing and generate a serial number that is not registered by apple?

Dear dnlx,

I'd installed clover on Mac OS X SSD, mounted the EFI partition of "El Capitan" (OS X partition on SSD) and tried to edit the config.plist file but it says that the file is locked. I tried to edit the permissions of this file to "Read & Write" but still I can't save it directly to this location.

I tried to change the default volume under section "boot" to "El\ Capitan" to boot the system using Mac OS X instead of the USB, but I can't get it saved since it shows as locked.

Please let me know how to do this correctly or let me know how to do it the correct way.

Thanks.

Dear dnlx,

I'd installed clover on Mac OS X SSD, mounted the EFI partition of "El Capitan" (OS X partition on SSD) and tried to edit the config.plist file but it says that the file is locked. I tried to edit the permissions of this file to "Read & Write" but still I can't save it directly to this location.

I tried to change the default volume under section "boot" to "El\ Capitan" to boot the system using Mac OS X instead of the USB, but I can't get it saved since it shows as locked.

Please let me know how to do this correctly or let me know how to do it the correct way.

Thanks.

How are you editing the config.plist, with a text editor? I would suggest using Clover Configurator to make your changes.

When you installed Clover did you install for UEFI booting, thus installing it to the EFI partition?

For iMessage/Facetime, it requires more work than just selecting a serial number as previously stated. I would suggest you spend some time reading the http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html guide...

Dear n3oNLit3,

While Installing Clover, it gave me 2 options - 1. El Capitan (on which I'd installed the OS) and 2. Bootable USB.

So I'd installed it on El Capitan. Do you mean that 1st I need to mount the EFI partition of Mac OS X and then I should install the clover on it ? So this will be the 3rd option.

Yes, I tried to edit the config.plist using text editor. I even tried to open it through clover configurator as well, but there also it asks to save it as Duplicate file since it's locked.

Thanks.

Dear n3oNLit3,

While Installing Clover, it gave me 2 options - 1. El Capitan (on which I'd installed the OS) and 2. Bootable USB.

So I'd installed it on El Capitan. Do you mean that 1st I need to mount the EFI partition of Mac OS X and then I should install the clover on it ? So this will be the 3rd option.

Yes, I tried to edit the config.plist using text editor. I even tried to open it through clover configurator as well, but there also it asks to save it as Duplicate file since it's locked.

Thanks.

As long as you used Clover_v2.3k_r3320-UEFI.pkg and selected your system drive, you should have correctly installed Clover.

For Clover Configurator, try saving with Command+S. This will save it to the location in which it was opened from. Unless something weird is going on, it should not be telling you that its locked using this method.

If you are forced to edit with a text editor. Copy the file to your desktop and make your changes there and place it back in the original folder and choose replace when asked.

Dear All,

So far what I did is,

- Mounted the EFI partition disk1s1

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *128.0 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS El Capitan 127.2 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk1s3

- Installed Clover boot loader on El Capitan

As per the installation guide, I've also done below steps in the config.plist file on EFI partition.

10. Select SMBIOS tab
11. Press Magic Wand Icon
12. Choose a System Definition from the list -> selected 14,2.
14. (Optional) If you configured graphics for the UniBeast installation, open Graphics tab and select Inject NVIDIA or Inject ATI -> selected Inject nVidia since, I've nVidia card.
15. Save and close Clover Configurator.

Rebooted the system (without using USB this time) and it goes to the clover bootloader and when I select to boot from "El Capitan", it shows blank/black screen and nothing happens....

Please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back