Contribute
Register

Boot up hangs on apple logo during High Sierra OS Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay thanks for the reply. By reformat you mean reformatting the OS hard drive? I’m going to make a Sierra usb installer and stick with that for now I think.
I meant reformatting the System disk and reinstalling on the existing System macOS Sierra Disk,using a properly created macOS High Sierra USB installer.

If you can boot to your previous macos sierra even now from CBM screen, you may be able to get rid of the High Sierra installer created during the prior attempt using diskutil command.

I meant reformatting the System disk and reinstalling on the existing System macOS Sierra Disk,using a properly created macOS High Sierra USB installer

If you can boot to your previous macos sierra even now from CBM screen, you may be able to get rid of the High Sierra installer created during the prior attempt using diskutil command.

Thank you for your help. It's okay I decided to do a fresh install of Sierra and everything is a working(apart from ethernet not being recognised all of a sudden even after multibeast). I needed to get rid of lots of pointless app so it was a good idea.

everything is a working(apart from ethernet not being recognised all of a sudden even after multibeast).
Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

Genius. Thank you, that worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back