ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

I'm trying to update from Sierra to High Sierra without success. I've been using Sierra wiithout any problems, however after following these instructions:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

I get stuck between point 6 and 7. I cannot boot into the install procedure.

For the essential kexts, I copied FakeSMC.kext and RealtekTRL8111.kext into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder

I've attached a screenshot in verbose mode.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• DSC_0152.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
The rules said:
Please use the search function before creating a new topic.
The question that you ask may have already been answered

See Search

How can I disable SIP from within the clover boot manager? I have the following options>system parameters>boot_args:

CSR active config
CSR pending config
CSR Boot

At the moment active config is ticked.

Thanks

How can I disable SIP from within the clover boot manager? I have the following options>system parameters>boot_args:

CSR active config
CSR pending config
CSR Boot

At the moment active config is ticked.

Thanks
  • In CBM screen, go to Options > System Parameters>System Integrity Protection [ ] ->
    • If you don't have [0x0067] in the above line, press ENTER to get check boxes in another popup
    • Click and place √ in top 3 boxes, box 6 box 7 as shown in uploaded image and uncheck the rest and then click "Return"

• Now from CBM boot the disk.

Attachments

• SIP Disable  from CBM.png
    SIP Disable from CBM.png
    961.1 KB · Views: 202
  • In CBM screen, go to Options > System Parameters>System Integrity Protection [ ] ->
    • If you don't have [0x0067] in the above line, press ENTER to get check boxes in another popup
    • Click and place √ in top 3 boxes, box 6 box 7 as shown in uploaded image and uncheck the rest and then click "Return"
  • Now from CBM boot the disk.
Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried that but it hasn’t helped. I also tried to create a usb install, but when I booted up, I end up at the Mac utilities(recovery) boot. I then attempted to install High Sierra from there, and after a lengthy install process I back to clover but still had the same issue booting into my Mac OS install. In fact, the boot option now have crazy names. I’ve attached images:

Attachments

• DSC_0175.JPG
    9.7 MB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0178.JPG
    10.7 MB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0176.JPG
    10.7 MB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0177.JPG
    9.3 MB · Views: 69
  • DSC_0174.JPG
    9.6 MB · Views: 68
Just copy and planted from another thread:

‘If that doesn't work, in addition to the above, try using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.’

How would I do this in CBM?

Just copy and planted from another thread:

‘If that doesn't work, in addition to the above, try using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.’

How would I do this in CBM?
I don't believe you can do that from CBM.

OsxAptioFix... file is in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/driver64UEFI.

Unfortunately, CBM>Options does not have a sub-menu to add or disable the contents of driver64UEFI.

Editing driver64UEFI has to be done in the USB installer or the CLOVER of the System disk from a working Mac or Hack.

For your current failed upgrade, the only option seems to be a reformat and Reinstall using a new USB Installer.

I don't believe you can do that from CBM.

OsxAptioFix... file is in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/driver64UEFI.

Unfortunately, CBM>Options does not have a sub-menu to add or disable the contents of driver64UEFI.

Editing driver64UEFI has to be done in the USB installer or the CLOVER of the System disk from a working Mac or Hack.

For your current failed upgrade, the only option seems to be a reformat and Reinstall using a new USB Installer.

Okay thanks for the reply. By reformat you mean reformatting the OS hard drive? I’m going to make a Sierra usb installer and stick with that for now I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back