CPU
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi all,

I have a Sabretooth P67/Core i7 2600k

I created a boot USB key with UniBeast 5.0.1 (Yosemite Downloaded from App Store) but when I attempt to boot from it I get the 'no entry' sign. Turning on verbose logging produces the following errors (ending in still waiting for root device).

Tried boot flags USBBusFix=Yes cpus=1 and the others mentioned in the installation guide.

Any help appreciated.

IMG_0492.jpg

This turned out to be caused by having the USB boot drive in a USB 3 port, changing to a USB 2 port solved the problem.

Thanks
Intel ACHI driver worked for me too.

For anyone stuck on this. Had the same problem on my system and I solved it by using Intel AHCI driver instead of the 3rd Party SATA one.

I think this is going to be a common problem as the Unibeast Yosemite install guide shows this ticked. For novices like me boot up unibeast . Start a terminal session via Utilities -> Terminal dropdown

cd /Volumes/"nameofyourharddisk"/System/Library/Extensions

rm -r AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext

I found I did not need the Intel version; so I just rebooted the machine and it worked.

I think this is going to be a common problem as the Unibeast Yosemite install guide shows this ticked. For novices like me boot up unibeast . Start a terminal session via Utilities -> Terminal dropdown

cd /Volumes/"nameofyourharddisk"/System/Library/Extensions

rm -r AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext

I found I did not need the Intel version; so I just rebooted the machine and it worked.

Thank you so much ! It worked for me :thumbup:

Hi all,

I have a Sabretooth P67/Core i7 2600k

I created a boot USB key with UniBeast 5.0.1 (Yosemite Downloaded from App Store) but when I attempt to boot from it I get the 'no entry' sign. Turning on verbose logging produces the following errors (ending in still waiting for root device).

Tried boot flags USBBusFix=Yes cpus=1 and the others mentioned in the installation guide.

Any help appreciated.

View attachment 107933

Checkout my post on this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...esnt-gigabyte-ga-ep45c-ud3r-2.html#post937421

I just had this problem too. I fix it by using the USB installer and then launching terminal from the utilities.

From there I was about to look into the YOSEMITE volume and edit the /Exta/org/charmelion.plist file (spelling?)

I had DropSSD set to YES, I changed this to NO and the system booted. I don't know enough about this to comment on if this will fix your problem but it may be worth a try to anybody having the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back