RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone:
I am using Yosemite(10.10.3) on a hackintosh, installed by Unibeast/MultiBeast.
I want to boot OSX to Windows(in the same disk, different partition, using chameleon boot loader) by a terminal command, then switch back to OSX(with/without command).
The method I found in this link(http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/9492/how-to-quickly-reboot-from-osx-to-windows-and-back) is perfectly performed on my macbook pro but not work at hackintosh as following:
Code:
        sudo bless -mount "/Volumes/BOOTCAMP" -legacy -setBoot -nextonly;sudo shutdown -r now

Before this I tried to make dual org.chameleon.Boot.plist to perform similar things, but it seems easily break my partition maybe due to Windows driver for HFS+. So I want to know if any method that can do such work.

It will be OK if I need to install other bootloaders, because I have some minor problems about partition and graphic card.

Last edited:
Hi everyone:
I can use this link to boot to Windows on my macbook : http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/9492/how-to-quickly-reboot-from-osx-to-windows-and-back
I am using chameleon and want to know if any method like this to do the same thing on a hackintosh. I don't want to modify org.chameleon.Boot.plist because I have some bad experience about broken parition(maybe caused by windows driver for HFS+). And I always use Windows temporarily, it will be better that I can easily boot system to windows, then reboot to to OSX.

Please read the rules. You will need to input the profile information so that the details of your system show in the left side bar below your user ID. We need to know your motherboard model number and BIOS version, CPU, memory and GPU.

Then when you ask questions, we also need to know what version of OS X you are using and your installation method (Unibeast/MultiBeast or Clover or hybrid (a little of both)). If you can provide screen captures or photos that show your issue, then you will be a step ahead of the game.

As with Chimera and Clover, at boot time (or re-boot time) you can choose to boot into Windows.

However, you should consider running VMWare Fusion and have Window as a virtual machine. In this manner, you never have to shut down OS X as you can have Window running a VM all of the time available as another desktop.

Good modding,
neil

Please read the rules. You will need to input the profile information so that the details of your system show in the left side bar below your user ID. We need to know your motherboard model number and BIOS version, CPU, memory and GPU.

Then when you ask questions, we also need to know what version of OS X you are using and your installation method (Unibeast/MultiBeast or Clover or hybrid (a little of both)). If you can provide screen captures or photos that show your issue, then you will be a step ahead of the game.

As with Chimera and Clover, at boot time (or re-boot time) you can choose to boot into Windows.

However, you should consider running VMWare Fusion and have Window as a virtual machine. In this manner, you never have to shut down OS X as you can have Window running a VM all of the time available as another desktop.

Good modding,
neil

Thank you for your remind and recommendation, I already modified the post and profile, please give me any advise if needed.
And I do have lots of VMs that will be used on OSX/Windows, but it will be sometimes I need bootcamp to have things done remotely, so I have no chance to use remote keyboard during bootloader, that's why I look for such method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back