Graphics
I5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a 120gb sandisk ssd running my OS. It takes well over 30sec if not a minute to boot up.
aren't the boot times on ssd's supposed to be fast? within 15-20 sec? that was one of the main reasons i went with a ssd.
Any clues as to why it would be taking so long to boot?

System details
z77x UPD th mobo
SanDisk extreme 6gb/s 120gb
16gb ram
mountain lion

Same issue/concern here with SanDisk SSD :(

Have you changed your BIOS setting so that the SSD is the first boot device ( vs the DVD or USB Drive ) ?

If you just installed, then you probably have the BIOS set to boot first from DVD/CD or USB-HD, and if they are not there,
then the machine takes a long time looking to be sure...

This will usually solve the issue of the Hack taking too long getting to the login screen.

Rx4Mac

Have you changed your BIOS setting so that the SSD is the first boot device ( vs the DVD or USB Drive ) ?

If you just installed, then you probably have the BIOS set to boot first from DVD/CD or USB-HD, and if they are not there,
then the machine takes a long time looking to be sure...

This will usually solve the issue of the Hack taking too long getting to the login screen.

Rx4Mac

Yes, I did do that originally.

You have to Enable TRIM, Try this http://www.groths.org/?page_id=322

Sorry, maybe I don't full understand, but from the site you quoted I don't see how this would help the boot. If the SSD is only used for the boot and files are not being deleted from it how does TRIM help? Maybe I am missing something?

It may not be the SSD at all. Have you tried booting -v (verbose) to find out where the delays are?

It may not be the SSD at all. Have you tried booting -v (verbose) to find out where the delays are?

I didn't try that, that's a good idea. Any clue what I should keep an eye out for in related to the SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back