IBM HD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[solved] Boot stuck

(solved - see next thread below) After rebooting from Ubuntu to Mountain Lion the boot is stuck on the 'spinning \'. Tried my recovery usb and it does not seem to work any longer as it boots directly to Ubuntu, even after selecting the usb from the bios boot option. I've tried reinstalling Chameleon from the ProBook Installer but still no progress. Any suggestions on what my next step is ? Want to throw that question out there before I wipe the drive and recover from a Copy Clone backup. Thanks.

SOLVED (root cause found)- Boot stuck

Well, finally I decided to remove the expansion bay containing the Windows/Ubuntu partitions and now happy to report that Chameleon is booting both from my usb recovery drive and also directly from Mountain Lion. So it appears the second drive with Windows and Ubuntu is causing Chameleon to hand on the spinning \ . Is it possible to make the Chameleon 'verbose' and report issue ?

Well, finally I decided to remove the expansion bay containing the Windows/Ubuntu partitions and now happy to report that Chameleon is booting both from my usb recovery drive and also directly from Mountain Lion. So it appears the second drive with Windows and Ubuntu is causing Chameleon to hand on the spinning \ . Is it possible to make the Chameleon 'verbose' and report issue ?

Do you have unusually large partitions on that drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back