Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
GTX 650
Unable to boot ML without -f flag

I am pretty much all the way there. Fan monitor, sleep, sound, ethernet, everything is working great on my new ML install. However, I still need to recreate mkext in order to boot in successfully, meaning I need to use the "-f" flag to boot in to OS X. Without it, I get stuck at "NIC identified as ...." (screenshot attached).

How do I cure this? I do not want to extend my boot times unnecessarily by rebuilding the kext cache each time so please do not suggest that I put the "-f" flag in org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Thanks in advance.

System: GA-H61M-S2V-B3, Sapphire 6670, i3 2100

Code:
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Pithecia</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>3</string>
        <key>Kernel</key>
        <string>mach_kernel</string>
        <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string>darkwake=0</string>
        <key>Legacy Logo</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <string>2</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

IMG_20130201_083837.jpg

You can rebuild cache using "DPCI Manager". Google it and you will find it. Also I think that ATI 6670 is build into Chimera and the correct personality is auto picked for you. Try without any of the ATI in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.

You can rebuild cache using "DPCI Manager". Google it and you will find it. Also I think that ATI 6670 is build into Chimera and the correct personality is auto picked for you. Try without any of the ATI in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.

The DPCI rebuild cache facility did not work. no logs. in any case, i had already deleted files in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and ran Kext Utility, which should allow the system to rebuild caches automatically.

Also, ATI flags are required. I blank screened without the ATI flags.

Middleman;5436kept have you tried running Disk Utility and perform a Permissions Repair on your drive?[/QUOTE said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back