Contribute
Register

Boot Sound / Chime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't work for me on lenovo U530 with AppleHDA and AppleHDA ALC283.

This little script is the best! I've had it installed since OS X Lion, and never had any issues. Now I'm on OS X El Capitan and it's still working, never had to re-install! Works through the default audio port, or through little USB speakers like I have set up behind my tower. Makes it sound like the boot chime is coming from inside the computer.

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H

Works!!! MoBo Gigabyte H77N-WiFi and El Capitan 10.11.1

Worked for me.
Thank you

When booting from my ssd the sound doesn't occur until I am fully signed into my account and everything has loaded. I am currently running El Capitan using Clover. I uninstalled it because it sounded way after my computer booted. If you release a new version and want me to try it just let me know.:beachball:

It's very nice !!! In my hackintosh it works very good :D!!
I've got an USB Yamaha audio interface the AUDIOGRAM6 .
The only things that i've see that is not like the original mac is that the sound is played after that the logo is charged and the charging line is on the end and this is because all the kexts must to be charged to play sounds. I've see another solution that need to occurred a little electronic circuit -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/91945-mac-startup-chime-v2-using-arduino.html
It's nice but i hope that somebody implement a solution to inject the audio before the logo using clover, i mean that is possible because clover can just use some hardware maybe implemented a driver like it has in drivers64 folder or drivers64UEFI:idea:.

Thanks! Carillon v1.2b works fine to me.

OS X 10.11.1
Z87M-D3H
Intel Core i5-4460
XFX Radeon HD 5750
Kingston 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Didn't work for me too...:beachball:

My Configuration:

• GA-H87N-WIFI
  • Core i3
  • 6 GB DDR3-1600 (2+4)
  • 1TB HDD

In El Capitan: