Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-b250n Phoenix-wifi
CPU
i7 7700
Graphics
UHD 630
I am trying to setup a HP x360 Envy laptop for my partner.

Initial setup has been completed, and I have subsequently mounted the internal HDD and transferred the EFI Folder across which looks like this when I put both the USB's EFI and the HDD's EFI side by side:
1658572452307.png

The problem I am facing with this laptop is that once I reboot the system (Secure boot is off) with no USB attached.
1. it will detect the EFI folder that I transferred over and allow me to select MacOS to boot
1.1. after making the selection the boot sequence halts (I theorize that its not handing over the job to BOOTx64.efi:
1658572680504.png

I've tried:
1, refreshing the hard disk EFI contents by re-copying the working USB EFi over
2, double checking that the is the GUID partition map on my internal HDD which looks like this:
1658572800668.png

3, Tried running the Legacy Boot tool to add a MBR to my EFI folder to see if it would make a difference
1658572902854.png

(I thought it might have helped because this is a HP laptop where we needed to disable "secure boot" and its currently running in legacy mode)

Could anyone see anything obvious that I may have overlooked? atm I'm have the laptop automatically booting off the USB - this would have been fine if it was a desktop.. but less than ideal for this use case.

I am trying to setup a HP x360 Envy laptop for my partner.

Initial setup has been completed, and I have subsequently mounted the internal HDD and transferred the EFI Folder across which looks like this when I put both the USB's EFI and the HDD's EFI side by side:
View attachment 551742

The problem I am facing with this laptop is that once I reboot the system (Secure boot is off) with no USB attached.
1. it will detect the EFI folder that I transferred over and allow me to select MacOS to boot
1.1. after making the selection the boot sequence halts (I theorize that its not handing over the job to BOOTx64.efi:
View attachment 551743

I've tried:
1, refreshing the hard disk EFI contents by re-copying the working USB EFi over
2, double checking that the is the GUID partition map on my internal HDD which looks like this:
View attachment 551744
3, Tried running the Legacy Boot tool to add a MBR to my EFI folder to see if it would make a difference
View attachment 551745
(I thought it might have helped because this is a HP laptop where we needed to disable "secure boot" and its currently running in legacy mode)

Could anyone see anything obvious that I may have overlooked? atm I'm have the laptop automatically booting off the USB - this would have been fine if it was a desktop.. but less than ideal for this use case.
try not to mount both EFI's at the same time, can cause issues

is there any settings that I could add to output the error during the boot sequence?
1658573690306.png

is there any settings that I could add to output the error during the boot sequence?
View attachment 551748
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

zip and upload your EFI

HP Envy 360x
Intel i7 7500u
Intel® HD Graphics 620

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41.5 MB · Views: 30
Thanks for bringing the BOOTx64.efi to my attention; I've also been going through the FAQs.
1- I've copied the latest version of the Boot file into the respective folder (the only difference is that OpenCore Configurator won't complain on startup now) - doesn't resolve the issue where I can boot via USB but not via the HDD.

this is where I get stuck immediate after selecting the main drive while the USB is removed:
1658575860777.png

Thanks for bringing the BOOTx64.efi to my attention; I've also been going through the FAQs.
1- I've copied the latest version of the Boot file into the respective folder (the only difference is that OpenCore Configurator won't complain on startup now) - doesn't resolve the issue where I can boot via USB but not via the HDD.

this is where I get stuck immediate after selecting the main drive while the USB is removed:View attachment 551755
as mentioned here:

LapicKernelPanic
UnblockFsConnect
needs to be enabled

Sorry I do know about those settings, but because they didn't prevent me from booting and setting up Montery initially I left them unchecked (I was working on another machine prior)
Attached is the updated EFI with the most recent logs 1- Fixed Bootx64.efi / 2- Quirks updated for HP machine.

Screenshots also for where I get stuck when booting without a USB:
1658576767441.png

Attachments

• 1658576785870.png
    1658576785870.png
    953.8 KB · Views: 28
  • debug.zip
    22.4 MB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back