Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all!
Just finished my second hackintosh build a week ago, and am now trying to install Snow Leopard. After my first Lion build, trying the same setup with SL for compatibility with a few external gadgets.
Well, installation was successful, everything seems to work as it should. Turns out I have a 4k cluster HDD, which I already knew as it is the same model as the other one (WD 500Gig)
and which booted perfectly into Lion after the Ubuntu-dd-boot1h-fix-thingy. (http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/129/)

This time, things seem to be more complicated. I do the same thing, the Ubuntu style fix described in voodooprojectspages I read, and sure enough, it boots into the chameleon window. Subsequently it tries to boot SL, but it doesn´t get any further than a grey screen with apple logo and NO spinning wheel. It just hangs there.

When I put in my iBoot CD, using that to boot into SL, it boots perfectly and everything works... I´m very puzzled by this, must be a boot thingy that isnt compatible or sth. On a hunch tried bootflag for 32bit SL, but it just gives me the same frozen screen with the apple logo.

Can anyone pls tell me what I´m doing wrong here?

Edit: Running Gigabyte Z68-MA-D2H board with i3 2105, onboard graphics. Proved no problem in Lion build.

mark158 said:
Edit: Running Gigabyte Z68-MA-D2H board with i3 2105, onboard graphics. Proved no problem in Lion build.
And right there may be your problem - have you fully updated to 10.6.8 and are you using the Mac Mini or iMac system definition in SMBIOS.plist?

Currently running 10.6.7; update to 10.6.8 failed a number of times. Using macmini definitions.

The update to 10.6.8 is the key, then? The thing is, updating went well up to 10.6.7, but I can´t seem to get any further. 10.6.8 update just gives me an error and won´t install, not from 10.6.3, not from 10.6.7.

Going to research a bit to see WHY it wont install...

10.6.8 still won´t install, so I went back to Lion 10.7.3. Boots perfectly.

This thread can e closed, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back