Contribute
Register

Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...

For doing my install I followed:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I have now also read the FAQ you cited.

I followed this several times. Each time it will boot up with clover from the USB. I can then use the OSX installed on the hard drive, but not boot to it from clover install on the hard drive itself.

After re-reading the instructions I realized I never copied the custom config.plist for Broadwell. I think that is my chipset. My CPU you is an Intel i5-5200U. From what I can tell that is a Broadwell chipset, though I had thought it was a Haswell originally. I could be wring, but I think it is Broadwell.

I replaced the config.plist with the one provided.

Now it won't even boot to where it had before in the screenshot from my previous post, but dies after few seconds w

Besides that one change, I have done everything in instructions. Where do I go from here?

Should I go back to the old config.plist, or do I do something with this one?

Attachments

• IMG_3294.jpg
    IMG_3294.jpg
    999.6 KB · Views: 102
Rehab Man,

I followed the directions! I am embarrassed to say I had missed a step. I forgot config.plist file for Broadwell. Now, I have, and it will boot.... It says my video now has 1.5 GB. Curious since my bios only allows up 512 MB. I have 8 GB of RAM. However, there is a problem. The video is slow. Slow in that windows that scroll flash black. Going over certain things will odd video artifacts at time. Video playback can be horrible.

Not sure where to go from here. BTW: before you say go read through again, I have already done so over and over. (As I have said I did miss a step before). Of course, if you recognize this problem, and you know what I skipped, I would be happy to redo it. I can send you pictures if you want of what it looks like though the flickering part is a bit hard to capture.....

Also the sound doesn't work. I tried going into clover to reset the cache, though it is not an option. So I booted from USB using an older version of clover and did the touch thing. That didn't do it. Any advice?

Thanks...

Okay...

For doing my install I followed:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I have now also read the FAQ you cited.

I followed this several times. Each time it will boot up with clover from the USB. I can then use the OSX installed on the hard drive, but not boot to it from clover install on the hard drive itself.

After re-reading the instructions I realized I never copied the custom config.plist for Broadwell. I think that is my chipset. My CPU you is an Intel i5-5200U. From what I can tell that is a Broadwell chipset, though I had thought it was a Haswell originally. I could be wring, but I think it is Broadwell.

I replaced the config.plist with the one provided.

Now it won't even boot to where it had before in the screenshot from my previous post, but dies after few seconds w

Besides that one change, I have done everything in instructions. Where do I go from here?

Should I go back to the old config.plist, or do I do something with this one?
Rehab Man,

I followed the directions! I am embarrassed to say I had missed a step. I forgot config.plist file for Broadwell. Now, I have, and it will boot.... It says my video now has 1.5 GB. Curious since my bios only allows up 512 MB. I have 8 GB of RAM. However, there is a problem. The video is slow. Slow in that windows that scroll flash black. Going over certain things will odd video artifacts at time. Video playback can be horrible.

Not sure where to go from here. BTW: before you say go read through again, I have already done so over and over. (As I have said I did miss a step before). Of course, if you recognize this problem, and you know what I skipped, I would be happy to redo it. I can send you pictures if you want of what it looks like though the flickering part is a bit hard to capture.....

Also the sound doesn't work. I tried going into clover to reset the cache, though it is not an option. So I booted from USB using an older version of clover and did the touch thing. That didn't do it. Any advice?

Thanks...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back