nVidia GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello to all HackFriend! My name is Marco and i'm Italian! :D

I'm new in this forum and in the Hackintosh World in general. I donw 3 or 4 installation of Yosemite following your guide in this Forum and finally in the day of Saturday i was be able to use all the function that Mac Os X have (except iMessage...but nevermind). :thumbup:

After two days of real work (in office :evil:) i've tried the last thing: since i have Windows 8 and OS X Yosemite in two different HD of my PC i've updating Chameleon using Chameleon Wizard to v.2400 and i've selected Boot()md option. Reboot and....boom :banghead:....my Yosemite don't start! First boot it give me "can't find mach_kernel" error....but i think i've fixed that...but i don't know if i've done it correctly...what's the correct operation to fix "can't find mach_kernel"? Downloading a Kernel on Internet or copy kernel file from /System/Library/Kernels/kernel to HD Root Directory? Or there's another solution? o_O
From the second Boot Chameleon starts to read all Kext (Read HFS+ file: hd 0,2 ... <etc> ...) and after a 2 second freezing at the last kext reading it will return a Black Screen and stops to load OS...as if it's impossible to find the OS in the HD...

I've tried a lot of thing (all done in -v mode): Safe Mode (-x) Single User Mode (-s) Ignore Kext Cache (-f) Disable org.chameleon.Boot.plist (config=Null and npci=0x2000)...but i can't boot at the moment.

Could you help me? I would like to try them all before do another installation of the OS....because in this day i've installed all Software that i need to work.

Thank you very much guys! :headbang:

Sorry might for this UP for my thread...but i need a good advice :oops:

Hello to all HackFriend! My name is Marco and i'm Italian! :D

I'm new in this forum and in the Hackintosh World in general. I donw 3 or 4 installation of Yosemite following your guide in this Forum and finally in the day of Saturday i was be able to use all the function that Mac Os X have (except iMessage...but nevermind). :thumbup:

After two days of real work (in office :evil:) i've tried the last thing: since i have Windows 8 and OS X Yosemite in two different HD of my PC i've updating Chameleon using Chameleon Wizard to v.2400 and i've selected Boot()md option. Reboot and....boom :banghead:....my Yosemite don't start! First boot it give me "can't find mach_kernel" error....but i think i've fixed that...but i don't know if i've done it correctly...what's the correct operation to fix "can't find mach_kernel"? Downloading a Kernel on Internet or copy kernel file from /System/Library/Kernels/kernel to HD Root Directory? Or there's another solution? o_O
From the second Boot Chameleon starts to read all Kext (Read HFS+ file: hd 0,2 ... <etc> ...) and after a 2 second freezing at the last kext reading it will return a Black Screen and stops to load OS...as if it's impossible to find the OS in the HD...

I've tried a lot of thing (all done in -v mode): Safe Mode (-x) Single User Mode (-s) Ignore Kext Cache (-f) Disable org.chameleon.Boot.plist (config=Null and npci=0x2000)...but i can't boot at the moment.

Could you help me? I would like to try them all before do another installation of the OS....because in this day i've installed all Software that i need to work.

Thank you very much guys! :headbang:

Multibeast installs Chimera as the boot loader.
When you upgraded Chameleon with Chameleon Wizard you overwrote the Chimera installation.

Boot with your Unibeast USB flash drive and then select your hard drive.

You may need to use -x -f

When you get to the desktop, install Chimera again with Multibeast.

Good Luck

Since yosemite, the kernel has been compressed using LZVN (can't remember the name, correct if wrong) compression, which Chameleon can't decompress and load. That code, is however added to Chimera boot loader and hence Chimera can boot Yosemite fine. The solution is to boot through the USB key and reinstall Chimera with MultiBeast.

Ok....i thought that Chimera and Chameleon were almost the same thing :banghead:

Tomorrow i will try to do the reboot with the UniBeast USB!

Is there any way to have at the boot screen both Yosemite and Windows 8? Because at the time i see only Windows NTFS partition, and if i choose that it will send me an error with boot of Windows...i need to have the Windows Boot Manager partition....

Thanks!

Ok now i still can not boot at the moment...but i've done a step ahead. In attachments you can see some "screenshot"... it's stuck at "System uptime in nanosecond: "

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    612.4 KB · Views: 362
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 463
Well done! Now i can boot my system. I installed Yosemite without data lost, i run MultiBeast and reinstalled Chimera 4.0.
Now i can boot ONLY with USB and not directly from HD. It seems that Chimera 4.0 isn't installed correctly...

I have the same issue with Chimera - If I run multibeast, Yosemite crashes on loading. So I can only boot from the unibeast usb stick.

I also have the same "mach_kernal not found" using chameleon. I saw a fix for it a few days ago, which involves editing a file, but I can't find it now.

It is because with Yosemite, the location of the kernel on the disk has changed. The solution for this, is simply edit your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file and find and remove the following lines.

Code:
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</key>
Just remove those keys and it can now boot successfully. That's what I did when upgrading my mavericks installation. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice but that key didn't exist. But no matter, I found another way around it. I installed Chimera and any other options and drivers but this time I also installed the 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback and this allowed me to boot right to the desktop without the unibeast stick.

Network connection is working, I have access to the big three; internet, email and filesharing. I have 1920x1080p full hd resolution on my 40" tv. Now all I need is hdmi audio. Even spdif would do. Hell, at this stage I'd probably take analogue audio if it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back