Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabit GA-Z77-UD5H
CPU
i7
Graphics
GT 640
My system is a Z77X-UD5H and a nVidia 640 video card.

This worked fine under Mavericks, I did a fresh install to a new disk for Yosemite.

Everything works except during boot, I have to type in "GraphicsEnabler=no" every time. The org.chameleon.Boot.plist has the lines:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

But it seems to be ignoring that.

If I don't type in GraphicsEnabler=no, it will give me a white screen on the primary screen. Sometimes white on the other two, but typically just black. Yes, this is a 3 screen setup.

okay, while it seemed to be ignoring the "GraphicsEnabler=no", I'm thinking now I discovered a strange happening that is causing my woes.

If I repair permissions and then reboot, it will boot just fine.

If I don't repair permissions before rebooting, it will go to white screen.

What is repair permissions doing?

It is setting "/var/db/displaypolicyd" to owner "root" and group "wheel" (or 0 0)

Each time I boot however, those owner/group get set to 244:244 which are the "_displaypolicyd"

did you ever solve this problem? i am desperate! and how do you fix permissions before booting?

kureta,

You can repair disk permissions using disk utility. It helps some and doesn't help others (it messes up my installation). Try putting GraphicsEnabler=No in the kernal flags too. If, as he says, typing GraphicsEnabler=No makes it work then perhaps the GraphicsEnabler key isn't doing what it should. So add it to the kernal flags:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string>kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1 -v nvda_drv=1 [B]GraphicsEnabler=No[/B]</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>