HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all,
I have 3 physical disks in my hack.
1= Yosemite
2= Windows 7
3= Windows 8.1

With the menu installed with Multibeast the disks show up correctly.
The problem is, if I choose Windows 8.1 Windows 7 loads.
If I set the boot order in the BIOS to 1,3,2 then Windows 8.1 loads as the second option, but choosing No.3 (windows 7) still loads Windows 8.1.
So, only the first two options work correctly, the third option loads option two.

Anyone with any ideas?
Thanks.
George

The issue is with the Windows boot loader.
One fix may be (but be certain you know how it works)to run Easy BCD on the Windows drives to specify the boot order for that particular drive.
When you look as Easy BCD it will seem like you could make a Windows drive your main boot drive, rather than OS X, and choose to boot to either Windows install or OS X from that.
Don't do it.
It should be ok to list Win 7 as second on the Win 8 drive and versa vice but Easy BCD will not reliably work with OS X.
It may also be a good idea to unplug the OS X drive totally when using Easy BCD on the Windows drives although that should not matter.
Most motherboards give the option of automatically using the UEFI or legacy boot drive: choose that.
Choose as your first HDD the legacy (not UEFI) option for your OS X drive. You should not have to then list the other bootable drives in the HDD boot sequence but if you do (not a bad practice) the order should not affect if they boot but can affect the order they show up in the Chameleon boot option screen.
Wait until you try to add Windows 10 if you have problems now . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back