Asus Prime H370M Plus
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 (Asus)
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hello.

I recently did a clean install of 10.9.5 with the latest tools, thereby upgrading from 10.8.3 in a way.

Now the boot loader looks different, grey background and the icons for the bootable volumes.
It is the Chameleon V2.2 boot loader I guess.

When I used 10.8.3, the boot loader was having a black background and only showed the main volume and gave one the opportunity to press any key to select more boot volumes and enter boot flags.
As I haven't had a problem with that, I did not look into what boot loader it was.

Now with that Chameleon V2.2 I have to press RETURN every time I boot. Not much of a problem, but since it worked automatically before, I would like to have that option back.

What kind of information do you need from me to get more help?

I have already looked at many of those threads around the www about all the boot options, but they look quite tangled up, and I already edited the boot.plist file to have a 20s timeout, which did not work.

Yeah, I am lost, thus I would appreciate any help, even just pointers in the right direction.

Thank you in advance.

Motherboard
Z77x UP5 TH
CPU
i7 3770K 3.5Ghz
Graphics
geForce GTX 660 Ti
I just created a post with the same problem. For me, it IS a big problem, because i'm using a shared keyboard and I don't have a keyboard on the system.

If the solution is to downgrade Chimera, fine. But someone please come up with a solution.

Motherboard
Asus Prime H370M Plus
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 (Asus)
Mac
  1. MacBook
Motherboard
Z77x UP5 TH
CPU
i7 3770K 3.5Ghz
Graphics
geForce GTX 660 Ti
Ok, I found my problem. I had Instant Menu enabled, which seems to override everything else. Wouldn't "Force Menu" be better? *growl*

Motherboard
Asus Prime H370M Plus
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 (Asus)
Mac
  1. MacBook
I have gone back to 10.8.5 after several problems and the boot menu is back to where it was before.

Here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I currently do not need further help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.