Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, I've been struggling my way through many common problems the past week, and there's one problem I don't think I am able to solve. I've set up the installation USB with UniBeast, and everything else that says in this guide from tonymacx86.
Clover boots, and now the problem comes when I should boot MacOSx from the USB. First I got a totally black screen, but after several tries and searches online, I got up some line of pluses. Now what? How can I get further to the installer?

I built my computer half a year ago, and it has these as follows:
i7 6700K
Gigabyte ga-z170x ud5 th
Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB 2400MHz (DDR4)

Have been running smoothly with windows 10 since January.

Hope someone would like to help me with this!

@bjornpettt, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Well.. For some reason the screen went black this time. Tested twice just to make sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20170725_184335435.jpg
    IMG_20170725_184335435.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 242
The EFI folder might be a bit strange. I did not have that one by itself. I had to use MultiBeast to make it appear temporarily, and that seemed to be some kind of a temporarily folder or partition, so I copied it into the "USB root". The BIOS settings should be fine. I followed the steps in the guide, but I could not find most of the settings, like IO SerialPort and CFG-Lock. I disabled VT-d and set OS Type to Other OS. Hope this helps. How bad is my EFI folder? There was nothing about kexts in the previously referred guide, but I added FakeSMC.kext onto the USB and tried to boot in clover with the kext injected, but I have no idea if that did any difference.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 08.07.26.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 08.07.26.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 324
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 08.06.10.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 08.06.10.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 323
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back